what soil mix is best for Auto flowering seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TannerPeeatsoo, Jan 9, 2013.

1. I'm not sure if this post goes here, please move if so. But I'm thinking about buying some auto flowering seeds to grow and I'm wondering if the soil mix i have planed out is good enough

Cow Manure 1/3
    Worm Castings 1/3
    coarse sand 1/3

and i only want to use the most basic soil mix. please send feedback

2. So you wanna grow organically?

This soil mix would be too high in nitrogen - and lacking in other essential parts - IMO

And if you plan on using chemical ferts then you can forget the manure and worm casting because the Synthetic chemical will kills all the microbes in your soil - which defeats the objective. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I like to use the lightest mix possible for growing all cannabis indoors - Coco + Perlite 50-50 mix.

Coco holds water + nutrients

Perlite (Processed sand) provides aeration.

Its a very simply mix

In nature, roots serve two primary purposes - sucking up water and nutrients + structure.

Out in a field - if the soil was too light then a plant might fall over in heavy wind - in a grow room this is much less likely - which means we can have lighter + more airy soil, which promotes general plant health.

Hope this helps!