What soil do you guys use?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grasschump, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Right now I'm using a mixture of FFOF and Hyponex. I know Hyponex has 3 months of feed but one of my seeds germed before my FFOF came in. I'm gonna be transplanting next week into 5 gallon buckets. What would do you guys recommend? Also what nutrients do you like if you use them?

2. Im assuming your growing more than one plant? I use FFOF I take there large bag I add a 1lb bag of worm casting to it, some large chunky perlite (do this by eye so i get plenty in for drainage) i mix in dolomite lime to help with Ph, i add couple cups of kelp meal and a couple cups of espoma tomato tone. that soil will have enough in it to get ya through veg, then i do teas during flowering. (you really should mix all this up in a big tote water it and let it sit for about a month to cook.)

3. We've used Roots Organics Original for years now. It's expensive, but no nutes needed if you know what you're doing. A simple repot when plant becomes root bound will feed for several more weeks. Don't repot into buckets until your plants are large enough to go in buckets and be prepared for a period of very slow growth until root system can form well and plant gets back to growing foliage. I usually repot ours up into the largest container a week or so before they get lights flipped for flower. One bucket of soil is typically all my plants need for feed during the flower cycle since, the last couple of weeks of flowering is when we just run plain water through the plant in an effort to flush out chemicals anyway. Nutes are nothing more than plant food regardless of pretty bottles or fancy labels and too much importance is placed on nutes when it should be placed on lighting since that is what actually grows nice plants. Until your plants are hungry, giving food will just throw off their nutritional balance. A healthy MJ plant is that rich blue green color we are all familiar with. When the coloring (always on new growth) begins to fade out to a more yellowish green, that's a good sign your plant might be hungry and is usually accompanied by the plant becoming root bound. With a hydro grow, nutes are a must. But with a soil grow and using excellent quality formulated grow soil, the nutrients are already in the bag and you don't have to add a bunch of extra stuff to grow out nice plants and fat buds. We're getting between 4 and 5 oz per plant after harvest and cure without using additional nutes. I don't like loading my plants up with chemicals when I don't have to. Best of luck to you. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  4. #5 Bravedave, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    I'd hate worrying about what the soil has or doesn't have and even its consistancy. Next time get some cheap Promix peat (usually about $14 at the Big Box Stores) and perlite (I go about 60/40) and then buy something like Fertilome 20-20-20 or Jack's classic NPK and feed every water with half the recommended. So simple even a newbie can do it. See my post on 20 zips for $30.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roots Organics for the win

• Funny Funny x 1

6. One of my plants with not fertilizer and no Nutella but I got same ? What can I put for more potency?

7. Sorry nutes lol an
    d you got 20 zips for $30 lemme get 4 Now real talk

Attached Files:

8. I want 4 zips if you can

9. IMG_3304.PNG IMG_3305.PNG IMG_3306.PNG Swear by it!!