what so i do? they grew to high and i have to hide them without moving them

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by letsmokeasweet, Jul 3, 2011.

1. i really did not think they would get this high, some are as high as mid chest area so i want to hide them some how.

i live in the country but its sill a little neighborhood, you cant notice them unless you get right up on my fence and stair at them, and the chances of someone doing that is very slim, but i dont want to take a risk

so has anyone else run into this little problem before? im not going to tear them out

i was thinking of building some sort of mini green house around them and the plastic will distort whatever is in there
    the grow space is only 6X6 so i dont have much to do

2. build a bigger fence

3. Either raise your fence so you can't look over it, or build this "greenhouse" but don't build like a mini greenhouse around just your plant, as it would be suspicious. Build one that could fit a couple other plants too.

4. Put stakes in the ground on an angle and wire around your plants and slowly bend the stock of the plant down to the ground, also did you top them?
    if your really desperate and your plants are in pots you can move them into smaller pots, that will prevent them from growing even more. You can also dig holes 1-2 feet deep and put the pots in them.

Mr. Duke

5. I have the same issue but I'm in a neighborhood with lots of people and kids so I used pots to move them around so I can keep them hidden from spot to spot. It's really hot so people go in their backyards in the evening when its cooler out so I move them during the last couple of hours of sunlight to less noticeable areas of the yard.

6. [quoteif your really desperate and your plants are in pots you can move them into smaller pots, that will prevent them from growing even more. You can also dig holes 1-2 feet deep and put the pots in them.][/quote] I like that idea and I may dig a few holes for my different spots in the yard and they could be easily covered by decorative yard stuff when they don't have the pots in them. Thanks for the great idea man.

7. [/QUOTE]I like that idea and I may dig a few holes for my different spots in the yard and they could be easily covered by decorative yard stuff when they don't have the pots in them. Thanks for the great idea man.[/QUOTE]

No problem, if you have any more questions just shoot them my way.

Mr. Duke

8. If they're in pots dig a hole and put the pots underground, that'll give ya an extra foot or two.

If its not too late, try super cropping or LST-ing. Look at the guides on this forum.

That's all that i can think of

9. If they aren't budding yet you should top them for sure so they quit getting taller. And I agree that you should look into LST. Just tie the plants down, or you can ever gently pinch and bend the stem until it just barely breaks into a bent position. That's what I have done when plants grew taller than my fence. Too bad my plants aren't that big this year. Got a late start. I wish they were over the top of the fence, lol.

10. You should buy some plants that are taller than your herb plant and surround your herb plant with them , so that it's camouflaged .:D You should shop around at your local Home Depot's garden section for the perfect plants to cover the grow.

11. tie them down gradually. As they seem already big, LSt will be more delicate so before you do so, use heavy tape at the bottom of the plant where the LST'd branches start, so it's not too tense there that they snap. If they do there or elsewhere, use scotch tape. But yes, tie them down GRADUALLY by all means lol it seems the easiest bet. You can use mason string.

12. Tie the top down with rope. Do it gradually. Right now my grow looks like hedges that way

13. Old post, i know.. But topping doesn't stop the plant from growing taller. It keeps the actual STALK from growing taller, but the two cola's that grow because of it, keep growing up.

14. you deff need a barrier of some sort around them. bushes/ vines that grow fast are great,but its sounds a little late for that. you need something to distract the eye if someone were to look over your fence. maybe some flowers or a small garden. a good way to cover one large spot is a statue. check into it.