What smoking has done for me

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by kwee, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Both my best friend, and me had been depressed for years, we both would drink alone and hurt ourselves. (this is all back when we were young teenagers) He discovered marijuana first but didn't include me in on it but eventually I joined him.

The first time I ever smoked, it was with my friend and his brother and his brother's friend. They filled a blunt with an eighth of some kush and we went to a nearby elementary school to smoke it (after hours of course, it was around 7 o clock). We went back behind the portables to smoke it.

It was harsh. I coughed quite a bit, my friend actually vomited. We finished the blunt and walked around and eventually went and chilled by a bench. People have always told me that you don't get high the first time you smoked.. Well I was so blazed that I couldn't even walk. It was a strange feeling that was pulsing inside of me and I was too overcome by it to even talk really.

In this first time, I sat back and listened to my heart and soul pour itself out to me. A slideshow of images popped into my head... Of drinking to get rid of pain... Of cutting myself to get rid of pain... Of just being sad all together. And with this drug pumping through my veins... I learned to love my body again. I looked at alcoholism and depression for what it was and what it was doing to me.

It was not instant. It took a small while for me to stop these things all together but eventually I stopped. My friend chose not to look at these aspects as clearly as me. He did stop drinking, but there are many difficult things in his life at the moment. But overall, the experience that ganja has given me is life changing for the better. Thank you mary jane. :smoke:

2. i'm sensing some serious deja vu here, have i read this somewhere else here on GC?

3. i remember it too...
    wow crazy how that happens sometimes:cool:

4. Regardless of if it's been posted or not - it's a good example of a win for MJ.

5. The way I discovered MJ was quite similar.