What Size Slide Do I Need?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by jersh, Sep 26, 2012.

1. How's it goin brothas? I recently purchased a Da Buddha vaporizer and am interested in vapor bonging. They sell slides in 14mm and 19mm, the problem is I don't know what size my bong is. I bought it at a flea market from some Sikh guy and I have no clue how to even measure what I need. The slide is the male piece I believe, but what is the measurement exactly of? Diameter across bowl? Across stem? Include glass walls? Long post, but I'm so confused. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. go to a local head shop and look at some slides man. the small one is 14mm, and the big one is 19mm. you could even clean up your current slide real well and bring it in to compare.

if your bong is one of those rubber grommet ones with the black o-ring on the slide to make the seal and not a glass on glass joint, you can disregard that whole first part haha, as those don't really have a measurement, and you certainly won't be able to vapor bong very legit-ly with it. I only say this because you said you got it at a flea market, which makes it sound kinda dusty haha

3. Alright, I think it does have a grommet but I'm not sure right now, once I can get back to it ill check. Its about an 8 inch high glass bong and it's always treated me well in the past, so why do you say it wouldn't treat me good with the vapor haha? Just wondering.
    Edit: The Sikh guy also just sells a shit ton of pieces, grinders, scales, etc. He's more of a shop than some random as guy lol.

4. hmmm pics would help and yes your right the "slide" or "bowl" is considered to have a 'Male" joint and that slides into the "Female" joint that is on your bong. We dont even know if your bong is glass on glass, you could be using a standard rubber grommet and skinny slide.

But the way you measure a male joint is from the outside of the joint to the other side of it.

And you measure the female joint by taking the mesurment on the inside diameter of the joint.

5. I didn't say it wouldn't treat you good with vapor, I said it probably wouldn't even work with vapor in the first place if its not a glass on glass bong because the adapters they sell for the da buddha are made specifically for glass on glass bongs, not the rubber grommet ones.

I'm sure you could find a way to vaporbong with a grommet piece, but you'd have to do some maguyvering like shoving the tube in the downstem and taping it in place or something to that effect

6. Ahhh gotcha, gotcha. Hmmm maybe ill just try to shove the tube into the downstem saves me 20 bucks and wait time haha. Oh well, I'll be able to measure it in about 20 so I'll be back posting info and whether or not its a grommet.

7. It's always worth a shot man! if you can find a way to get an airtight seal between your hose and your bong then you're good to go

I want a da buddha but i went an spent all my money on a circ perc bubbler D: I should've gotten a dbv or an mflb, i already have so much glass haha. oh well, I love it regardless. some day... some day....

8. I feel ya man, I feel ya. I have a thermovape t1 and that wasnt cutting it for more than two ppl at a time so I got dbv, so far lovin it haha. And I have bad news and great news. Bad news it does have a grommet and an o ring on the slide, the great news is that I can pop the female slide out of the grommet, pop the grommet out of the bong, slide my hose into the grommet (fits tight, seamless, perfect) and place the grommet into the bong again. Perfectly airtight seal. Money = saved, problem = solved. Can't wait to vapor bong tonight :D