What size should my grow box be

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PnP420, Aug 9, 2011.

1. What size should it be for 8 plants. And what are some good suggestions for things to build with? Like I was thinking about just using wood. But what else could u use to make a box?

2. It depends on a lot of things. I think about 4.5 - 5 feet x 4.5 - 5 feet would work well, as that would allow you to arrange 8 5 gallon buckets with space for a filter. If you don't want a massive wooden box, you might want to look at a tent. I have used a tent before with a 400w light and it worked very well, and was easy to break down when I was done.

The only downside I found to a tent was that it didn't muffle noise as well as a wooden box, and they can be expensive. Mine cost around $175 if I recall and I think it was worth it. One other minor thing to look out for with them is light leaks, but I just turned out the lights in the room and went around the pinhole spots where light was coming out and covered with black electrical tape.

The main thing is planning. Measure twice and cut once as they say. If you know what buckets you're going to use, simply put the empty buckets down on the floor in the arrangement you like, measure around them and get building/shopping.

3. Thanks man ^ yeah another problem is getting stuff to plug the lights into...I found some light sockets but their like 30 a piece like shit the sockets more then the bulb