What size pot to use?

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by Mr platypus, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Hey GC, well I'm new here, and I've been scrounging the stickies, an other various posts looking for information to grow, and I think I've found pretty much everything I'll need to have a some what successful grow. I ordered 10 Hawaiian Snow Feminized seeds, that are going to be put in the ground, in a safe guerrilla spot I cleared out. I got a bunch of free seeds during the Nirvana April Seed bank giveaway thing, and one of them is the Barney's Farm "Flower Power". I've researched the strain - and it says it'll grow to about 30-60 cm, which is about 2 feet at the top end. I want to grow this one outdoors, but in a pot, and I was wondering whats the most optimal pot size I should use, where there's no root-bound, but also very little extra space. The reason I ask this is; my spot is very hard to get to, and it would be a hassle to carry up a gigantic pot. Especially for an auto-flowering strain like Flower Power.

tl;dr What is the most optimal sized pot for Barney's Farm strain "Flower Power"?

P.S. Sorry if the answer was mentioned somewhere, I really did try to find it in the stickies, but couldn't. Hope to hear from you guys!

2. first i'd germ bought seed's indoor's under some cfl's and get them a few week's old first before putting them outside..critter's love young seedling's and i really don't see them lasting that long put in the ground straight from seed...
    i'd also read up on cloning...after 6-7 week's of growing outside you can take many clones from the lower limb's and really grow more fem's of the same strain for a dynomite yield with no males to worry about and all your one strain you bought...

for your auto,
    go 3 gallon or 5 gallon...i'd actually use a 5 myself , it will end up bigger and badder this way...no rootbound and auto's like to flower when the root's hit the wall's of there container alot of the time...so a 5 gallon would allow it to veg longer, giving you an even bigger autoflower plant...plus..5 gallon bucket with a few drainage holes on the bottom has a handle for the carry..

3. Thank you custom28OZ! I'm starting all my seeds in these coco/peat disks that expand with water. Its a product called Jiffy Greenhouse. I tried 2 seeds to see if it works, and it did, so I started more. I'll definitely take a look into how to clone, that sounds like a good way to insure a successful grow of some kind. Sweet, thanks for the help.

4. ya those jiffy's are ok man...next time do the paper towel germ and plant into a killer ass potting mix...
    no MG stuff though...that shit is garbage..
    just good old potting soil with no fert in it or all organic blend...
    that will really help them take off...
    botanicare is doing free ZHO samples...email them with ZHO in the subject line, then your name/mailing info in the email...they will send you hormone for super rooting/cloning for free...enough to last a while..:D great stuff but get it while you can..
    cloning is cake bro..check the stickies or other section's of GC there are cloning threads i'm sure i saw a few...but it's pie...if there is not one here i'll get off my ass and do one..
    it really is the best thing though...clone 100 times before the years up, crop 100 plant's of the exact same genetic's and sex...sweet way to do it outdoor's...

Grasscity Deals Near You