what size pot to get?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by buickboy, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Well read couple post but not see any one running same size tent as me . I have 2x4 got one plant in one gallon it. Has out grown it was woundering what size next I need to get that won't be over kill?

2. welll idk about your constrictions with plant size but outdoors i usually jump from the one gallon to either the ground or these big ass 10 gallon pots. the root system is prolly ready to boom into whatever u put it in if its fillin up the one gallon.

3. Get the biggest one you can fit, the bigger the root volume the bigger the plant. 5-gallon are easy to do, just pick up a big paint bucket from Home Depot/Lowes/etc.

4. i think the rule is for every foot your plant is tall should be 1 gallon. so a 3 foot plant should be fine in a 3 gallon bucket....but thats just the minimum could have a bigger bucket

5. it depends on how big you want your plant.if yours doing a small grow, a 5 gal is uneeded.

if you arent constricted on height, ide say 5 gal is best. I'vehad great success with 3 as well.

6. Only restrictions I have is it has fit in 2x4 tent . I was thinking 5 gallon but was not sure if that was to big ?

7. go with the 3 and cautiously keep the light down low close to the plant. u might grow into ur light with the five.

8. [quote name='"buickboy"']Only restrictions I have is it has fit in 2x4 tent . I was thinking 5 gallon but was not sure if that was to big ?[/quote]

2x4....but what is the max height you have?
    (how tall is the tent?)

SignSmoker

9. I believe around 5 foot I was going check this morning but ran out time. Maintenance is doing there once year checking this whole week so had hide everything so all off schedule.

10. you have to take into account the height of the bucket, and the distance between your plant and light. I would suggest you research topping or low stress training, to help keep it low.