What size joint to pick?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Illegal Tommy, Dec 31, 2010.

1. I'm not positive on this, but it looks to me like it accepts 18mm but the downstem reduces to 14mm.

So it seems to me that if you're keeping the same downstem you should get the 14mm carbon filter, but I think you'd also be free to get a straight 18mm downstem that doesn't reduce to 14mm and then you could use an 18mm bowl/carbon filter/ash catcher.

Hopefully someone else can come by and confirm or deny that. :p

2. and if I buy a new downstem do i need to buy a new bowl aswell?

3. Well, if I'm correct, then for use with the downstem that comes with it you would need a 14mm bowl/ashcatcher.

But it sounds to me like if you wanted to, you could get a new downstem that doesn't reduce to 14mm and then you'd be able to use 18mm bowls/ashcatchers.

So yes, if you got a regular downstem that doesn't reduce to 14mm you would need 18mm attachments. But using the current downstem you'd need 14mm.

Did that make any sense at all? Because it sounded pretty confuddled in my head. :laughing:

4. Cheers man, i'm glad that someone helped me, because i was so confused my self.
    Big rep to you and I think I'll just keep the downstem what comes with it, it can't be that bad.
    And besides i'm just a part timer, i'm no wasting to much money on this.

-Illegal Tommy

• Like Like x 1
  5. It may be wise to wait for another opinion before purchasing, because I'm not 100% sure that I'm correct in my assumptions. ;)

I think I'm right though... *crosses fingers* :p

6. Yeah, sounded right to me. the tube accepts 18mm, but the diffuser is a reducer so the diffuser accepts 14mm. meaning with that diffuser, anything you want to attach (a/c, carbon filter) should be 14mm