What size grow light?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by gimmeaporsche, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Ok I am starting a grow. I am doing a hydro grow and I am building a actual room in my house that will be devoted to growing. It will be split into two areas, one for vegging and one for flowering. The veg room will have a 4x4 foot tray and the flower room will have a 4x4 foot tray. The 4x4 veg tray will house the four mothers (two white widow and two ak47) and will also be for bringing the clones to flowering period. I will be using a EZ-clone to root and start my clones. I will be growing 16 plants at a time. I will be growing in rockwool. I will be using metal halide for the vegroom and a high pressure sodium for the flower room.

My question is will a 400 watt hps and 400 watt mh be enough or should I go with 600watts?

Also just for info I will be using Botanicare Pure Blend Supplemented with Botanicare Sweet.

The room will be air conditioned for maximum environmental control. I will be supplementing co2. I will also have to room as airtight as possible so the only air entering the room will be filtered except when I open the door.

Besides the lights does anyone else have any recommendations for my grow?

This grow is for personal use only and not for selling any.

Also this is a purely hypothetical situation and for informational use only.

2. I would go six hundred

3. id say more then 600 watts, just break it all down each plants needs 10k of lumens so your gonna have 16 plants? are those 16 gonna be all in flowering or is half in veg and half in flower? but if your doing just 8 go with a 600 watt in flower