What Size Dab Is Considered average

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by smokengolf, Aug 9, 2014.

1. I don't know how people take hits that big. I've been toking over 15 years and still always choke like a bitch.

2. The black guy with the dreads is sipping lean the while time.

That explains him not coughing.

But yeah. 2-3 dabs tops before I die lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. It's funny, cause whenever I watch a YouTube vid to learn about a product our how to do something, they always use massive dabs. Mine are usually pot seed sized. Are they all millionaires? Are dabs super cheap in the States? Or is it just for the camera? Half the time they're coughing like crazy after. Their bangers are filled with oil. Since the average size most people dab seems to be pot seed/grain of rice , this was perplexing to me. I don't, for example, get multiple hits off one dab like this dude

4. I ususally get 2-3 hits per dab off a dab about the size of a seed, I have my enail set at a low temp and use a carb cap so I will get a huge hit to start, followed by another 2-3 smaller hits

• Like Like x 1
  5. I know what you mean. I didn't even do a dab till I came out here to colorado. There's people who do half gram dabs. I have no idea how it's done. I've once seen a guy do a 20 gram dab, of course most of that ended up as reclaim in the piece but he supposedly had a good 10 grams in his lungs which he would slowly absorb over the next dew days. Here's the video:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ok I've just gotten into low temp. But I'm not using an e nail. I'm chilling it for 45-60 seconds after heating banger. I'm still not getting more than one hit. Using an air directional cap and torch. So what am I doing wrong?

7. Not sure, with my banger I wait 1:15 and it is usually perfect temp ill take a decent hit and blow out, start spinning my cap and it'll milk up again, probably about 50% the size of the first hit, and then a little bit more after blowing that out.

8. UPDATE: I got a new thicker banger (5mm). Now I'm cooling it for a minute twenty seconds, and I'm getting a legit second hit from every dab now. Even a third wispy one sometimes. Low temp dabbing really took some trial and error to get the hang of. Now I can't imagine doing it any other way

9. i believe dosage is set to 1/10 of a gram on most shatter i bought at the store pretty much the amount i do on avg sometimes a bit more this depend also on the rig or device still use my oil pipes those i put in 1/2 to 1 gram in at a time .

there is also different ways to heat the oil instead heating up the nail or bucket one can heat a glass or ti rod place shatter in nail or bucket before hand and swirl the hot rod around the shatter to take another hit heat rod again way less waste this way

10. Also a new thing out are quartz inserts. Mine is coming in the mail today (I hope, was supposed to be here Saturday by USPS sucks) and you load your hash oil into it, whatever size that may be, for me usually .1 or under, heat up your banger and then after a 5-10 second wait, drop the whole insert in the banger. It slowly melts your concentrate this way, leading to a long lasting flavorful hit and also less waste

11. just like your dick right? when you are smoking something that is over 70% THC you dont need to be taking massive amounts you are just wasting concentrate at that point. You can only get so high until you are wasting your product and anybody who does huge dabs is doing nothing but wasting their product. thats why it is called a DAB not a GLOB lol

12. 0.1 g is more than enough to medicate twice!! It depends on if you are talking recreational or medical use!!
    For a non medicinal patient who is just looking to get as high as they can ( there are other drugs for that like crack ) then maybe 0.1 is not enough to reach that super high level but if you are looking to get equally as high as you would from a bong hit of premium flower and get the medicinal values from the product then a 0.1 dab in a vape pen should last a good 3-4 sessions! you should only need maybe 2 nice puffs of concentrates to medicate and get a good high as it is over 70% THC. You should be able to get around 10 nice hits from a vape pen loaded with 0.1g of concentrates. A g of concentrate should last as long as 4-6 grams of flower would last you so If you smoke about 7g of flower per week you would probably go through 1-1.5 g of concentrates per week is a very good way to compare flower and concentrates.