What size cooltube to get!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Uknowme, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Hey guys I think I found my Grow tent!! Im going with the Org Homebox L!! The size of the tent is! 39,5 x 39,5 x 78 Going with the ORG DWC 8 drip unit!! What size cooltube should I get I was thinking of the 600 watt cooltube! But was wondering if thats to much light for this unit!!

2. Naw. My footprint of plants is 39x39 exactly, and I wish I did buy a 600 to begin with (have a 400 now). I am going to use my light I have now and add light to all 4 corners with 42watt cfls. Get the 600. As long as you are air cooling it, you will be just fine, as long as you use a good fan. Don't skimp on that. No Homedepot fan will pull enough air to keep a 600 cooled, get an inline unit (like a vortex, or CAP ValuLine which is the same thing but cheaper)

3. Thanks Was looking at them fans Now for my 2nd Question!! I know the intake needs to be half of the power as the outTake!! Or I will run in to problems!! But the one thing I can't fig is they make from size 4" to 8"Will a 4 work for the intake and the 6 for the outTake!! I just don't want to over power it and have the sides pull in!!

4. #4 Don Piano, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    No intake fan needed. Actually, your intake needs to be 1.5x (-/+) the size of your exhaust. So if you use a 6", or 28.26in2, for your exhaust, you will need roughly a 42in2 intake. THis means you will need two round 5" passive intakes. Or one round 8" intake. Or a 6x7 rectangular intake

5. #5 Uknowme, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
  6. No fan for the intake, just a vent. The exhaust fan will pull air into your grow, no need to push air in. Just one fan. Get the 6 for the exhaust, and use an 8" hole for the intake.
    I promise, no fan needed for intake air.

7. Ok Thanks Now last ? whats the size of the intake on a Homebox L And I know this sounds real dumb but how do I get it to 6" I feel so dumb lol!

8. You'll have to pull it real hard. Bahahahahahahaha. Just playing around

for real though, no idea on the home box. I build my own boxes.

9. Well My 1st Problem is I am asking Questions on a Tent I don't have in front of me!!! SO thats why the questions are dumb! But I see a few better pic's of the Intake on the Homebox and I think I can do it!! Thanks bro Your a Good person to have on this site Very helpful!!!!:smoke:

10. Classic! :laughing: