What size carbon filter?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Aheadatime, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Hey all. Designing a room that is split in two. 6x10 feet will be vegging, 16x10 feet will be flowering. The two rooms will share the same air (without sharing light). Sealed room, but it's very important that the smell doesn't exit these rooms. How large of a carbon filter do I need to keep these rooms smelling fresh?

2. Just calculate your total area in cubic feet. This amount of air needs to be changed every minute. If your grow room is like 6 ft high youre looking at around 1300 cf. Find fan(s) & filter(s) with a matching cfm rating.

3. Thanks Lance. Is it true that my fan needs to provide ~10% more CFM than my filter, as some of the CFM gets lost in resistance?

4. Length×hieght×width.all fans hav a cfm rating.want to go up to nxt fan if yur number is close

5. Being very important.. Get the biggest best thing you can afford.. Do not worry about the smell.. My first one lasted 1-2 grows before my wife told me to get a better one or stop growing.. Bought a phresh filter and have not had any smell.. Going on 2nd or 3rd grow

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's a lot of space. How many lights are you running and how many watts? LED or MH/HPS?

• Like Like x 1
  7. 7mtr X 3mtr X 3mtr (assuming you've got 10' ceiling) =63mtr3 X 30 air changes an hour =1890mtr3 per hour. so you'd need a 12"rvkA1 and a 10"rvkA1 cycling air through a filter each

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

8. Yeah smell is extremely important in my household as well. I'm going with Black Ops filters. I have friends with gardens who swear by this brand. Anyone here have experience with these?

Veg room will be some T5's and two 600 MH's. Flower room will start 4k HPS, eventually up to 8k HPS. I would be going with gavitas, but ceiling height is too low (6'9").

My ceiling is just under 7 feet. So since I'm filtering both veg and flower room air through same filter, that's 22x10x7, which is 1540. So I want my filter to be rated around this CFM correct?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'd put a 20% difference on it myself ( some do 10%) -if your numbers are close always go one bigger. You said you want no smell so get the two fans I recommended and filters that match the cfm or mtr3hr related to each and smell won't be an issue

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade