what size carbon filter for 1m x 1m x 2m grow tent

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bigbobuk, Jan 7, 2016.

1. #1 bigbobuk, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
    hi all, i have 3 big buddha cheese and 1 cookies kush, i have a 1m x 1m x 2m grow tent with 1 600w hps, what would be the bare minimum size carbon filter to make sure the air is cleaned? is there any way to calculate it? thank you for any replies

2. It's not the scrubber size tht counts as such, it's the power of the fan it's connected to.

A 4 inch would do it but with the filters you will be replacing them more often. If you have the cash get a 6" scrubber and fan with fan controller....then if you decide to get a bigger tent you are covered.

3. #3 bigbobuk, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
    hi sorry i did mean the full filter fan and all, basically i have a 4 inch extractor that extracts 175m3/hr.. if i times the height of the tent by the width and length i end up with 2m3, times that by the amout of times i want the air exchanged per hour so say 20 thats 40m3 of air to be extracted, so that would be minimum size extractor fan? if i am correct, so my fan is more than enough if i have found the correct formula, just need some1 to say im right so im sure lol

4. Yes but bear in mind that the efficiency of your fan will be hampered by the filter and any turns in your ducting.

A friend has just done a 4 plant grow in 1.2x1.2. A 4inch black orchid fan and rhino hobby filter....couldn't smell it outside the room the tent was in. However inside the room there was a mild sweet smell that to the trained nose would know it's a grow. I think that's because he was exhausting and bringing in the same air - there was a build up in smell.

also the filter he bought was designed to have air pushed over it, which isn't effective. Make sure you have negative pressure and sufficient airflow and smell wont be an issue other than when you open the door to the tent.

5. I'm using a 5" 150cfm fan on a cheap budget filter. No smell, wish the temps were 2-3 degrees lower, I will be upgrading my fan next grow to 200cfm+ just to help with temps

6. Sorry it's 125m3/h my current fan. That's in a 80x80x180 tent with 4 plants

7. Think about a cooltube or air cooled hood. My room has gone from average temps of 28c on a 600w reflector down to ambient house temp with 1000w cooltube (at the minute around 22c)