What size bags should I be using?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GrowThings, Jul 31, 2018.

1. I will be using a 120cm x 120cm x 185cm or 4ft by 4ft tent with a 600w hps bulb, I want to grow 4-5 plants in this space, I'm going to use those fabric grow bags for better aeration planning on scrogging my plants too, what size should I use? 10L?

2. I had 5 in a 4x4 using 5 gallon smarties. You could go smaller I'm sure, but I like to keep containers a bit larger. I now use 7 gal bags, but only do 1 or 2 plants at a time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3. What does that convert to in metric? Haha I get so confused with all the different gallons.. Or just link me to your 5 gallon smarties..

4. You have google! I'm guessing that's what he did when you said 10L.

5. #5 Bravedave, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    4 plant scrog in a 4'x6'. 7gallon bags...will go with 10gl next grow...
    0731181229.jpg

Attached Files:

6. With size it all depends if your going soil or Coco with soil I go larger pots but Coco I go alot smaller

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I am running 7 gallon that's fine for indoors if your outside then as big as you can get

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. You have so many options, but for me, doing sog, it would be 2 plants in 7 gallon contains, 26.5 liters, and lots of training. I usually start off in a 1/2 gallon container for 30 days, then up it to 4 gallons, for 30 more days, then into their final pots, 7 gallons, two more weeks of veg, then I flip them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have the same time table pretty much

10. That's exactly what I did

• Like Like x 1
  11. It's kind of besides the point, but: I thought sog (sea of green) was the concept of having lots of plants with little or no training, not what you are describing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Coco + Perlite is the plan with Advanced Nutrients, Calmag, etc etc.. I want to control my nutrients throughout the entire grow to better learn what the plant needs.

Are there any detrimental effects from just throwing the fucking thing into a 7/10 gallon pot as soon as it's a 10 inch seedling? I mean in the wild it wouldn't be confined so why do we confine them indoors to a pot to only expand it's size later?

13. One reason is that watering is easier to control. Plus, why water a 10 gallon pot for a plant that fits in a solo cup?

14. If you start in too big of a pot with coco, the cations get all screwed up and there will be salt buildup from unused nutrients in the media that has no roots.

I would suggest germ in solo cups, feed every other day with 1/8 strength nutes for first week always to 20% runoff, then every day at 1/4 strength for a week.

Transplant to one gallon and feed 1/4 strength nutes everyday for a week, then 1/4 strength twice a day for a week.

You can Flower 8-12 plants at this point in one gallons if you have time to feed 2-3 times a day, or transplant to 3 gallons and veg for two more weeks and flower 6 plants in your 4x4. 8 weeks of veg and you will only have room for 2-4 plants, depending on training.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Exactly what im going to get been running 5 gal talls now im in 15 gal lol. Uve seen my cluster F lol. Put it together later. Another whim go buy to new lights lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's not a normal SOG I have the space and lights so I am just PACKING A 4 X 8 ROOM with all different clones and then flower them