What should of lights should i get?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by akh234567, Sep 11, 2008.

1. I have a 250 w hps system already but the problem is I just moved into my new place. When ever i plug the 250 w hps into the wall the lights go out in the room. What other light would you recommend for flowering? How are T5? Are they good enough to flower or no ?

2. Instead of shopping for new lights maybe you should figure out your electrical issue. try the light on different circuits in the house, it sounds like the one your trying is too low amperage.

3. You need a higher current circuit breaker, instead of new lights.

4. the house i moved into is pretty old....if i were to change the circuit breaker i am afraid that the house might catch on fire....What do you guys recommend?

5. hi bud:)

i would be more worried that if i did'nt change the breaker my house would go on fire.

as the guys have said ,find & fix your problem then you can relax in the knowledge your house is safe.

my 2 cents bud.

all the best whatever way you go:smoking:

6. i went to go check out the circuit breaker for the room and i found out it 20 amps. So should i go get a 30 amp breaker for that room is that what you guys are saying?

7. #7 cantharis, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2008
    A 250 W lamp will not be drawing anything like 20 A. Is there an internal short in the lamp? Try it in other sockets. Does it work OK then. Is the ballast correct and functional?
    If the lamp is OK there is clearly a problem here, I would get all of your wiring checked - could it be a leak to earth tripping a RCB? You would need an electrician to sort this out.

8. i got a bunch of other stuff in my room like a ac, fridge and tv.