what should my resivior water pH be for veg/flower?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by mechanix901, Jan 7, 2011.

1. yea, my question is the title.

Thanks to those that help.

2. 5.8.............

3. Hi..

5.3 to 6.3 with (as Tihspeed said) 5.8 being the optimum.

Good Luck

4. All of the above. I usually start mine at 5.5 so it can climb a little before I have to adjust back down.

5. haha mine goes down throughout the day..

6. doesn't that mean your plant is not healthy?.. its not eating the nutes... correct me if im wrong on this

7. i'm not sure. my plants are all healthy. i'm running a BB system.

8. Ph going down means ppm's are going up. If you're plant is drinking more water than it's taking up nutes, you should try feeding a little less to get it dialed in where your ph stays level-ish. I think.

9. As long as were on the subject, when adjusting my Ph is it all right to go from like 7.2 all the way down to 5.8 in one dose ? or should I do a little, wait a while and do some more. Also, should I try and catch it before it goes to far out of range ? I check em once a day in the morning, and they've been known to drift from 5.8 to like 6.7 overnight. I usually adjust all at once back to 5.8 or 6.0 or whatever. Will that adversely affect my plants nute uptake ?

10. Yikes, that's kind of a huge drift. What's your setup and your nutes?

11. Check this out.

Attached Files:

12. all the way down at once... just try not to over shoot...

my guess.. this is a new system... ph will begin to stabilize... it takes about three weeks..

did you wash your buckets before use?

13. Thank you much. Seems like I should let it drift from 5.5 to 6.0 to cover uptake of all nutes.

14. I run dwc in 27 gal tubs. Two plants per tub, bout 12 gal ro water in each. Running GH flora series. Have diamond nectar, koolbloom, cannazym, rhizo tonic, silica blast, roots excelurator, fat flower, aquashield, florablend, soluble seaweed, and whatever other crap I thought might be useful at the time. I don't usually have such large swings. Normally it will go from like 5.8 to 6.1 overnight when there eating. The most I've ever seen them eat is 100 tds overnight. Usually they between 20 and 50 tds a day when they feed. I just feel like theres something I haven't been doing right this whole time, I just don't know what it is.

15. Had to ask. Read somewhere large ph changes can shock the plant and cause lock out. As far as the system I've been running it over a year now. I thought maybe I was getting such large ppm jumps because I recently stated using beneficials to try and get my roots healthier.

16. ^^:smoke: