What should my humidity be?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DVIS, Jan 10, 2015.

1. After freaking out about my tent temps, over-watering and a couple of other issues, I now noticed my tent's humidity is sitting around 29%. 

I just planted my seedlings. 

Is it okay for humidity to be this low?

Also, should I be testing the PH of my RO water and the PH of my soil mix?

2. Believe it or not, low humidity during veg is NOT the problem people would have you believe. High humidity during flowering or drying can be death on you, though (fungal infections when you can't treat properly)

3. ^ hes correct , ur ok with that. im an organic guy but I would check ur ph now and then. ya got to know what ur water is for sure. I still check my soil now and then as well 

4. Until you know from repetition what your pH characteristics are...test the water when first filled. test it after 24 hours sitting out, test it after nutes added, and "overwater" to the point you get a decent amount of runoff (a quart to a gallon, at first), and pH test that runoff.

This tells you the "native" pH, the "prepared" pH, what nutes do to it, and the runoff test shows what's going on in the soil.

Nice thing about this...done this way, you can do all the testing with an aquarium test kit...which also lets you test chlorine ppm, ammonia, nitrates and nitrites, alkalinity.....all cheaply and with easily replaced materials.