What should I use to fertilize?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Programetric, Apr 14, 2013.

1. I'm using a standard, soil grow. I was thinking of using just using FloraNova Bloom throughout the entire process, but I have no idea if I could use hydroponic nutrients for a soil grow. ( Plus, I don't know how much to use for veg and flower. )

I know the best way is to use a fert for veg, then a fert for flower, but which ones should I choose, and how much and often should I use them?

2. All ferts are measured on Nitrogen Potassium and Phosphorus or NKP which is displayed on the back of the package. During veg cycle they use more nitrogen than the other two so look for ferts with something like a 20-10-10 ratio then when you start flowering go to something like a 10-20-20 ratio. Remember never use full strength especially when you first start feeding them start with 1/3 or 1/4 recommended strength then work your way up slowly and don't feed with every watering or you might burn your plants.. Hopefully this gives you a good idea on what you need