What should I say to electrician about installing lighting controller

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by oddpuertorican, Jan 21, 2014.

1. [quote name="TSoaDK" post="19401951" timestamp="1390621930"]You sound like an idiot...and anyone that knows what the fuck they're doing doesn't have to make the rich (grow stores) richer by buying equipment you do not need. Power boxes are a waste of money[/quote]Hey man, relax, we are all just a bunch of stoners coming here to speak freely and make the occasional joke here and there. I didn't know you had to take everything up the ass, therefore dont fuck with me, and I wont fuck with you. By the way, I understand you are 13 and this may be weird to you but, this is not the YouTube comment section so don't go talking shit on ever thread. Thank you for your time.Kottonmouth Kings

2. Electricians have gotten work in existing houses long before the indoor growing boom. Entertainment center/party room, server stations, letting someone live in the garage are all viable reasons for needing this work done, along with dozens of other reasons.

Should check references/reviews anyway and someone in there should give you a good idea of what to say. "Joe blow wired me a dedicated panel for my enormous Christmas light display, A+ work"

I'm all for DIY if you can but electrical isn't something to be taken lightly

^ this is what I did, my new electrician has a 4kw grow and is going to help me set up a proper room with a 30 amp line. :hello:

• Like Like x 2
  4. great idea i've checked amazon and other websites for reviews but hasn't really found any good viable reasons

5. If you ask an electricain to do something out of the ordinary, he will probably ask what you are trying to accomplish. I would and I'm not an electrician. Not because he suspects something or because he's being nosey but to make sure what he installs will do what you want and to make sure it's safe. They usually just want to help or are honestly interested. Most electricians will be cool about it. They're used to the framers and roofers blowing a joint around the jobsite.
    Tell him "I'm working on a project and I need a...". Talk in terms of amps, not watts. If you get a bad feeling, tell him thank you but you want to get a couple of bids. If he's pushing you for details and you feel uncomfortable, say "well I haven't thought about this enough. I'll get back to you."

6. First off you will wire the controller.  Hook the green wire to the grounding terminal, then hook either of the other two wires(More than likely black and white)to terminals.  (Basically 240v is just 2- 110v legs, so it doesn't matter which of the two leg you hook up)First off you need a 40 amp breaker for 240v that fits your fuse box(Probably Hom)  This breaker has 2 switches that turns the power on and off of each leg(or wire)  Basically you have three wires.  Usually black, white, and green.  You would connect the green wire to the ground strip(the ground strip will usually contain the bare ground wires and the white wires(neutral) first.  Then connect the other two wires to each individual post on the breaker, with the breakers in the off position, find a dual empty spot in your fuse box, rock the breaker into place until it seats flush with the other breakers(all along making sure to use caution not to touch metal main plates that the breakers connect to), plug cords into timers and into wall, then turn on breakers!  Ta Da!  Nothing to it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. #27 medsforme, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
    Plata o plomo?

8. that it is none of his damn business and just do his job that he was hired to do!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. is he getting paid to know what you do with your life? 

NO! so tell him to fuck off!

haha jk unless hes being a dick about it.

you could black mail him and say if he says anything you tell everyone that he touched you down there

10. Here is what I put in and could pipe a controller right in. I went overkill with #6-3 wire and 20 amp breakers.

21414p.jpg