Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What should I *not* buy at the dispensary? [CT]

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by gruesomnial, Oct 17, 2018.

1. In CT, waiting on card. I have never been a smoker, and find the whole experience a bit intimidating but necessary. I'm in a pretty bad place, medically.

My question is, while I'm waiting on my card, what things can I pick up that might be cheaper if I *don't* buy them at the dispensary? I ordered a small spoon pipe and one hitter, figuring I'd at least want to try those. I'm interested in vaping, and an experienced e-liquid user, but I figured I'd get something disposable at the dispensary rather than invest in a new vape up front when I don't even know if I'll like it.

Is there anything else I don't know about? Tools? Grinder? What will I want besides actual herb? Just assume I'm totally naive.
    I probably have a couple of weeks still, plenty of time to set myself up before that first appointment.

2. My daughter bought some strong concentrates to vape, and it ruined her tolerance very quickly.
    Now she, as a fairly new user, needs more herb than I, as a long time user.
    Careful with the concentrates.

Many of us greatly prefer edibles for sleep, so you might consider those, but dispensary edibles are hit or miss.
    Don't overdose, because they can take 2 hours to kick in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Unfortunately, edibles are probably going to be out of the question. I have so many damn food allergies it's hard just finding normal food to eat. I could probably make thc coconut oil myself, but that's not something I see myself doing right off the bat. I'd have to cook with it in normal dinnertime-type food. All baked goods/snacks/sweets are off the table.

4. Mixing into food is totally unnecessary. All you need is the herb and some cooking oil.
    We Recommend Coconut Oil as it has no flavor-taste of it's own and enters the body fastest of any cooking oil.

Decarb any cannabis product you intend to eat as it's needed to activate it prior to eating.
    It's just weed on a cookie sheet in the oven. 240 F for 40 minutes. It's active at this point and eating even the raw weed will work.

Mixing it with just enough cooking oil to fully wet the weed is the next best method.
    While this does work cold some slight heating will merge the oil and weed dust better.

My standard Recipe is as follows.

5 grams Cannabis Product ( decarbed ) Can be weed, Hash, Kief, Wax, Shatter.
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

This makes a very potent oil that doesn't require very much of it at all to knock your socks off.
    Take extreme care with early dosing as it's easy to take to much and wind up way more stoned then is comfortable. I started new users at a single drop and a 2 hour wait before administering a second drop. 2 more hours and then a third drop.
    While very slow this is the safest way to find the ideal number of drops you can take.
    [​IMG]
    The small stainless steel cat food dish makes a great tool for this as it won't shatter with the thermal jumps from oven to freezer and back to oven.

I use this oil for 95% of my daily medications and have for the last 5 or 6 years.

BNW

5. Awesome!
    What is the purpose of the lecithin, and do you think it's totally necessary? I ask because I'm allergic to most sources of lecithin. Thanks!