What should I have done?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SlamDaddy, Apr 8, 2014.

1. So I was sitting at an Irish bar on a first date with a woman (I'm a guy) and we're hitting it off pretty good.  A mutual friend had set us up.  After about 30 minutes, a woman approaches me and asks if she can give me her card. She says she's an agent and would like to talk to me about modeling.

I kind of felt embarrassed and I feel like it screwed up the mojo of the whole date.  We drank another beer and my date said she had to go.  That agent kind of pissed me off because I really liked this woman and I feel like I didn't do any thing wrong.

I'm thinking the last thing a woman wants on a date is her date getting attention for being attractive while she has not.

What should I have done?  Absolutely ridiculous answers are encouraged as well as serious answers.

2. Should have said sure you can give me your card, but only if you pick up our tab

3. you should have shoved the woman aside, walked out with the agent and proceeded to steal her car but not before having a child with her

4. Should've been like "this girl beside me is way better looking, give her the card"

Would've gotten some points for that.

5. How did this not turn into a threesome.

You need to resign as a man.

Please return your penis to the nearest hospital.

6. i've been given a card the same way (not on a date or anything) but i found out the agency is just trying to get people to pay for their own photoshoots and endorsement and shit

7. You should have taken the card and told her I'm busy at the moment but we can certainly talk later (if she was really interested then she would've been fine with that I'm sure).

8. Agreed with the person above. You should have made it seem like the card thing barely phased you. Maybe you could have taken the card extremely quickly just said "Thanks" and then just explain to your friend it was just some cheap advertisement.

You didn't really do anything wrong though, don't beat yourself up over it.

9. Coming from the mind of a girl ... it seems that maybe she thought that you receive attention like this often (being a "ladies man", or "player" ) and maybe she got intimidated. But from your end I don't think you did anything wrong, it isn't like you went off and kept talking to the girl who gave you the card - you put the attention back on your date. If she has a problem with that, then it's not your fault it's hers. 😉

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

10. Most girls would probably become more intrigued by the fact that another girl wanted to give you her number. You should have played it off like it was amusing, definitely a missed opportunity on your part.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. If your date is that self centered that she cares about someone else getting attention besides her, she's not worth it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app