What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by bdeslaur, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Hello friends,

I am in a bit of trouble here. I'll start from the beginning:

I had a brain injury a year ago and was eventually sent to a nation-known neuropsychiatrist who diagnosed me with PTSD and Bipolar Disorder. He eventually booted me because of the numerous patients he had. Worker's comp switched me over to another psychiatrist who isn't liked much. He is already trying to slash my meds down and get this: He said he was completely against my use of medical marijuana for my anxiety. He also took me off of some different meds that the other psychiatrist prescribed. He scares me a bit.

So, do I continue smoking or follow the directions of the doctor? Keep in mind, he has a 1/5 score online.

2. #2 AT1984, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Is finding a new doctor a possibility? Did he say why he's against medical marijuana?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. If you not comfortable I would switch doctors ASAP. Doctors need to be trusted by their patients and also the other way around

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I finally switched psychiatrists and this one doesn't care about my pot usage. Phew! I don't smoke for fun and games. I smoke/vape for my anxiety and depression. It all melts away when I'm high.

• Like Like x 2
  5. A t break isn't a bad idea, especially if it unknowingly exacerbates the anxiety. Your psychiatrist is also probably concerned on the potential interactions it will have with other drugs. But get a second opinion if you want

6. Getting off chemicals is a good idea. There are very few success stories of people being able to recover from mental illness by taking medication.

You have to take it for a long long time to feel normal, but getting off might cause even more issues.
    Natural approaches that are proven to help with neuroplasticity and change thinking patterns like mmj or meditation may be better alternatives in the long run.

Do look for another and another doc and consult with many until you find the one that's comfortable for you.