What should i do with Hermies??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ledhead, May 14, 2009.

1. well iam pretty damn irritated because i pulled one hermie out of my box yesterday and now i got 2 more :( DDDAMMMN the shitty part is i started out with 10 females and gave 5 away to friends to grow outside. well my question now is what should i do for the best yield? keep growing 3 hermies and 2 females that will get pollinated orrr should i just grow the 2 females.

i wouldnt mind geten some feminized seeds (Hermie pollinates female = fem seeds?? is what ive read) from my biggest plant becasue it looks like a great strain and has had a skunk smell since it was 3 weeks.

soo what would the experienced growers do besides not get 3 hermies:cool:??

2. I'd try to figure out what's stressing your plants enough to go hermie in the first place. I had a slight light leak(and I mean slight), and underestimated the importance of absolute darkness. Check for leaks, check ph and temps. Or you'll just keep repeating the same thing over and over.

3. Depends on:
    1. How many weeks into flowering already?
    2. How much smoke do you have now?
    3. Are you seeing balls or bananas? How many?

If you are in the late flowering stages weeks 6 or so, continue. Too much invested in the grow.

If you have lots of smoke stashed away, kill the hermies. Who needs the hassle.

If you are only seeing a banana or two, continue with the grow and pull them out nightly.
    If it gets bad, harvest early.

I just finished a SOG of 13 clones that all hermied around week 5. I continued with the grow and didn't really get that many seeds.