What should I do next year?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by greenghoul, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Hey GC, so here's the deal. Right now I can't stand my current situation, I live at a college that's 30 min away from my home and is 85% commuters (so there's next to no campus life). I haven't really made any friends this year, since everyone just wants to gtfo at the end of the day, even people who live on campus just go home most weekends. So it kinda sucks here overall. I know it could be much, much worse, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm unhappy.

Anyways, next year I have two options for the most part. The first is to live at home and commute to the same school, and have a job on the side. The other is to transfer to a different school. Either way I see myself as screwed...at my current school I only need three more gen eds, so I'd be wasting almost an entire year of my life (school-wise), but if I transfer to a different school, I'd still have that "trapped" feeling I get here.

Either way I don't see myself as being happy, most of my friends go to schools I can't get into, and my only friend in the area is moving away in July. :(:(:(

Anyone have some advice? Thanks

2. Transfer schools.

3. if I transfer, I'm not sure that I'll get any scholarship money though :(

4. Dude, transfer. Going away to college is the shit. You will make new friends and have a bomb ass time. Trust me, I go to a sick fucking college. Hot girls everywhere. Potheads everywhere. Parties everywhere. Only thing that sucks is greek life cuz they're gay as fuck.

Although I did go through a period of wanted to join a frat, just for the sorostitutes. Then I realized that isn't a good enough reason to join, and I rip bong with enough kids in enough frats to party with them from time to time anyways.