What should I do next? + Insect problem

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PaperTherapy, May 31, 2011.

1. Hey everyone! after my plants almost died, I tried to revive them just like you told me here: http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/825266-my-weed-wont-grow-help-please.html

My main problem now as I see it is that some unknown tiny fly is probably damaging my plants, and I also saw something like spider webs or dust in one of them, but I couldn't see the insect (it's probably really tiny).
    Can anyone tell me which insecticidal I gotta buy to deal with those annoying bugs?

I'd like to hear some comments about my plants too and how should I treat them from now on :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. if there flying i would say its gnats try sum foxfarm bug spray Don't Bug Me Insect Spray - 24 oz | Pest Control= u can get it from the hydro store and can spray right on the plants up till 5 weeks into flowering

Don't Bug Me® is a fast, effective solution for most common garden pests. Because its active ingredient is Pyrethrum, which is derived from chrysanthemum flowers, it can be applied up to the day of harvest on any fruit or vegetable. Don't Bug Me® kills aphids, whitefly, and other insects on contact by damaging their nervous systems, and even at lower levels it will keep pests away. Best of all, Don't Bug Me® breaks down quickly and does not persist in the environment. Garden Tip: Make the right diagnosis before you spray. Damage can also be caused by diseases or nutritional deficiencies. If you're not sure, take a cutting from a damaged plant, seal it tightly in a plastic bag, and take it to the nursery for identification. If a plant has been damaged or just seems to be in poor health, try a root drench of Big BloomTM Liquid Fertilizer to revive it after you treat the problem. Choose a time when wind will not direct the spray away from the plant, and avoid spraying in the heat of the day, when sunlight can cause the product to dissipate quickly. Hold the bottle 12 inches away and spray lightly, being sure to cover both sides of the leaf. Insects must be sprayed directly to be killed, but there is no need to over-saturate the plant-a little goes a long way.

or u can get these - http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=PCSTRAP2&eq=&Tp=

3. Thanks man I'll get those first thing in the morning! What should I do next with the plants? Can I put them outside already?

4. #4 tplat, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011

You have drain holes in the bottom of your cups? Your plants are starving for light, they are stretching trying to find light. I would add some more soil to your cups to where the two small round leaves are about 1/2-3/4 of an inch above the soil and lose the plastic baggy covers. You need to get your light alot closer. Seedlings dont need a shitload of light to get started but they do need some and not to far away. If you need to transplant them down farther then do so very carefully they are very fragile when in early stages.

5. Yes I do have drain holes there. and I know, I pot them in the dark until now. Can I give them daylight already?

6. For seedlings and small clones I start them out under a few 26 watt daylight cfl`s for the first week or so. Yours are way to stretchy, I would very carely transplant them farther down in the soil then put them under some cfl`s for atleast a week before putitng them outside.

7. ok thanks I'mma do it and upload some pics :)

8. #8 PaperTherapy, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011
    Well I think my babies are doing just fine, but one of them is stretching to the light, eventough he is the closest one to it.
    The light is 60W btw, should I bring some more?
    How does the rest of my plants look?

Edit: Two of those lights will do the job?
    [​IMG]

Plus I added pics of my babies :)

Attached Files:

9. if it is stretching it needs to be closer

10. btw how does he look for a 3 days old? :) (The one in the plastic glass :p)

11. look great :hello: but u gatta cover that clear cup up so no light can shine in it not good to have light to roots

12. really good to know man! I'mma do it right now. I'll keep updating. :)

13. what kind of water do u use? also what nutes?

14. I still didn't use nutes, and I still didn't water them either (except of the first time, which I watered them with normal water that stood outside for 24Hrs to lose their chlorine and all those other things).