What should I do, about to plant seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by immapwner, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Hey guys I soaked my seeds in water for a day, and I was going to use the paper-towel method, but I can see the tap root starting to come out, like the very edge of it in all but one of my seeds (I think that ones' cracked anyway so I don't care).

Should I go straight to planting?
    And for planting, I've seen some people just put a hole in thier soaked soil and drop the seed in there without covering it up and it grows.
    So should I do it the above way or should I cover it up?

One more thing, which part of the seed should be facing down? the point?

Thanks guys

2. If they are already cracking open then I would tend to go ahead and plant them with the tap root pointed down. Just cover up loosely with soil. You could do the paper towel thing but in the end I think it would end up being about the same amount of time IMO.

3. Ok I'll go straight to plant I guess, But the problem I'm having with the root is that it looks like it's coming out of the side of the seeds, So which end do I point up?

4. The point where the root is poking through should be down, but honestly, it will know to grow the tap root downwards and the leaves upwards. If you really arent's sure then germinate them in paper towels for a day or two and they will grow out further. Then it will be obvious

5. Tap root points down. Once the plant senses a light source it will adjust it's polarity accordingly. Last time i checked a seed was pretty much round. Sounds kinda like that how do u confuse a blonde joke. Tell her to piss in the corner of a round room.:D

6. I bury mine maybe 1 inch under the soil if you bury to deep it'll take forever to reach the surface

7. I'm doing about an inch too.

8. Put them in complete darkness until they sprout right?