What should I do about my fucked up neck?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by SkateAndBake, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Basically I have a rediculously painful stiff neck. Sometimes I wake up and I cant even turn my head. Basically the muscles in my neck are rock hard from the base of my neck to my ears. Its been like this for a long time.

I have had friends try to give me massages to loosen up my neck, but they all give up after a few minutes when nothing works and my neck actually cracks their knuckles. They always tell me to relax and stop tensing up, but I'm not. My neck muscles are just always rock hard. Would a professional be able to alleviate this? I've never had a helth plan that covered chiropractors but this may have changed. I'm thinking this would help, but I've never been. The third option I'm considering is accupuncture.

So what do you guys think? I'm tired of the constant pain and stiffness in my neck what would be the best to alleviate it, professional massage, chirporactor or accupuncture?

2. Stretch! Every day... stay still but only move your head to the left/right while extending your neck muscle. You'll feel it. Do it slow.

Acupuncture and a chiropractor will do you good.
    I have seen awesome results.

3. it sounds like you need trigger point therapy

I bet I could teach it to you in 15 minutes

4. Acupuncture, and steam massages have done wonders for me. Does it feel like you're neck is out of line and crooked almost?

5. roll downs might help. Its a good stretch. You put ur feet apart so they are aligned with ur shoulders and then you slowly go down as far as you can with ur legs being straight, once you start to feel it hurting in ur hamstrings you stop and just stand there with ur fingers reaching toward the ground. Stand there for about a minute or two and then SLOWLY come up, and dont start with ur head, start by coming up with ur lower back/spine. Ur head should be the last thing that comes up.Im kind of bad at explaining things so if you dont really understand what I mean it basically just looks like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Xktm3JrgY

6. Try a different pillow when you sleep.

7. It doesnt matter what pillow I use. Its probably been like this for two years. I've triedall sorts of stretches and stuff to loosen it up but nothing works. I'm going to search for a chiropractor covered under my insurance...

8. Chiropractor