What Should I add to my sunshine mix #4

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by oeiich, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Im planning on growing outdoors, planting straight into the ground. Just going to dig 2' to 3' holes and refill the earth with my own soil. I was planning on hauling in sinshine mix but im not sure what i should add to it. I have previously just added regualr black soil at about 60% sunshine and 40% black soil. Results were ok but i know theres more i need. what should i add or should i even use sunshine? im planning on doing about 40 plants so hauling in all the sunshine could be a bit of work. let me know if thers an alternative.

2. Lol 40 plants. Think again, try 4.

You need....

Worm Casting, Bat Guano, Bone Meal, Blood Meal, dolomite, perlite, myco powder, azomite. Sunshine + WC + dolommite + perlite = REALLY good seed starter soil. But sunshine mix is basically expensive soil with no nutrients. Try FF or Roots Organic to transplant into. But start your seeds in the sunshine.

Again....40 plants...come on, get realistic now. Doesn't even sound like you've grown before. 2' x 3' holes would require 3+ bags of 1.5 cubic ft of soil. So that would be 90 pounds of soil per plant. Post back with a realistic goal. :D

3. #3 FunTimeGrowHap, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
    Find quality compost. Check craigslist for earthworm castings and vermicompost. If you can get some biodynamic compost, such as Bu's Blend or Farmer D's, that would also be good. For a cheap fert mix that won't draw critters, check out Down To Earth's Vegan Mix. Make your mix 70% sunshine and 30% compost with a handful of the DTE vegan mix per hole.

And no sunshine mix is not expensive soil without ferts. It's really cheap Canadian sphagnum peat and perlite. If you were to buy a bale of premier peat from your local big box hardware store, you would be buying the same product, minus the perlite, for something like $15 for three cubic feet. Sub out the perlite with some lava rock and score some local bulk castings and you could be off to a kick-ass start for nearly nothing.

4. Ok if no sunshine what kind of soil should i use. I will be growing in southern ontario where there is decent soil close to a lake. I will have to drive 2 hours to get to it so i will have to haul however much soil i can fit in my vehicle. Im thinking around 30-40 plants straight into the gorund, no pots. half will probably be male so ill end with 15-20. There going to be autoflowering so they will finish early around end of aug early sep. They wont get massive because they are auto only yeilding about 2-4 oz per plant. What kind of soil should i use and how big should the holes in the ground be. should the holes be smaller because they are auto and wont grow as big?

5. Unsubbed as well...until you do a little research. I'm not a broken record that is going to repeat things time after time after time. The information is all out there. Waiting for you to find it. There are a lot of things you have yet to consider.

I'd like to help...but I just don't see you following through.