What Shall I Do?What Shall I Do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PowerButton, Dec 5, 2008.

1. #1 PowerButton, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2008
    Ive never grown before, so im new to this. Ive got a space thats 2.5 ft x 1.75ft x 7ft. I want to grow as much as possible(obviously). I know I plan to use Cfl's and thats about it. Can anyone give me any advice as to how i should go about this?
    Some more questiosn i have are...
    Do i need ventilation? If soo would a pc fan do?
    Should i add a shelf in the middle and grow shorter plants?
    How many plants can i grow possibly? I know its probably no more than 1.

Also the seeds i have are bagseeds, from mexico, the bud was amazing though. soim not sure to the size the plant with grow.

2. Read the stickies, that´s what you should do.

3. lol why is it no one does any reading up before they start to grow lol....OK by the looks of your room you can grow 2 healthy plants...here are some specs

100 watts or 3,500 lumens per plant

Also YES ventilation is very important your plants breath Co2 like we breath air,if the air isn't refreshed they could suffocate and stunt growth dramatically.....what you do to get the proper ventilation system you need is with this formula width x length x height...so for u that would b

2.5 x 1.75 x 7=ruffly 30 gallons of air....now you divide by 3 and you get 10 CFM= cubic feet per minute... thats how much air needs to be exchanged once every 3 minutes to insure proper ventialtion

based on how much you wanna grow these things will b required

250 watt Metal halide system or Flourescent Tubes (for veggatatve)

2# 10 CFM fan ....one for intake...one for out take

250 HPS system (for flowing)

Nutrients (cheap)

Pots

growing medium

Ph testers

Hydromiter...its a humitatity gauge and thermonater....

now i know u said u wanted to use CFL's but there troublesome....see the problem with them is they emmit 1/3 the less lumens than a H.I.D system meaning they loose there strength if you hang them higher than 8 inches away fromt he plants....not ony that the closer you hang them the more heat your exposing them to...Meaning a better vent. is required....so if i was you go flourescent if you have a budget...Hope this helped