What Sex..... PLZzzzzzz Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by clc247, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Yo this my firsttime growing and im a little mixed up cause almost every pic i seen of a female plant has hairs and males dont... but they have like pods... well mine has hairs and what looks like pods... what is it really.... i need to know cause it was 1 of 3 that servived a 46 degree cold spike i had its healthy and smelly lol... but not sure on the sex can anyone help.. i attached the best pic i could take of it... thx.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hmm thos little pod's worry me man can u get a bit better pic

3. even if it is a tran just pic thos pollen sack's off, but keep on budin if its ur only plant
    bag seed?

4. Looks like a boy!

5. Its very hairs at the top.... buts also has what too look like sacks... here some better pics i hope.... if anyone can tell me what to do... or what sex it is.. and if its a tran.... what should i do in detail.... so i dont mess it up lol..... i got a bath of seeds ready to start but this plant is already on 12/12 and dont wanna change it to grow these seeds if it will grow bud you know... plz help thx...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. If ANYONE CAN HELP TO TELL ME THE SEX OF THIS PLANT WOULD HELP ALOT!!!

thank you...... reallly my first time.....

7. It looks like you got a hermie there. If that's the only plant you got growing, I would say let it grow. Don't think there's to much you can do about it. It can't pollinate itself, so don't worry about picking off the sacks. You'll still get some smokable weed from it.

Wait for a couple more responses and see what they say...

8. its a hermie for sure ,no im pretty sure it can pollinate it self, and if that were true why would u want it to wast energy on usless sacks, so pick off the all sack's and check closly every day for new ones, is it bag seed?

9. Yea its seeds fromt two dimes i got... i just moved to area so its all i had to work with ya know.... dunno where else to get seeds or i would of went other way.. so if i pick the "sack" looking things at the nodes it will still grow some bud????....... if it will grow any bud ill let it grow but if not ill restart.....

10. yea just pluck the sacks off at the nod but dont mess with any tops or branches , uv allready got some small flower tops goin they'll get alot bigger,, looks like u started flowering not to long ago, u usin the sun or what kinda light?

if u have a small space and acouple small coil flo's id start some seed's any way

11. Yea they havent been flowering for too long now.... But its a closet set up with florecent lighting and fan circ.... walls cover in alum. foil!!!how should i go about pulling them off just grab one at a time and tug lightly?? Thanks for all the help!!!

12. You've got yourself a pretty little Hermie.
    Keep picking off those pollen sacks, and apply a good blooming nutrient to help the buds fill out.

13. Ok i will start picking them off once the day cycle comes back around... but what would be a good blooming nutrient??? to help? Oh and how often dose a plant become a hermie??? Is there something i could do next time with my new batch of seeds to try and avoid.. this... Thank You...

14. I have grown more hermies that I care to count but they have been my own fault

If a plant is not genetically predisposed to being a hermaphodite it won't become one if it's kept in good conditions but I think if you abuse a plant enough it will turn

life finds a way...

that's what I have seen so far anyways

good luck!

15. Thats one hell of a hermie alright. Out of curiosity, what lights are you using that it has nodes 5 inches apart? Try to keep the light as close as you can without damaging the plant during veg so the nodes grow close together.

God luck my friend.

:):):)

16. Those hairs mean female and the bananas mean Hermi,turn off the grow light and any fan when taking pix and support the cam real steady like for crisp pix.

That plant will grow buds but it needs the right nutes/sups and lighting at the right distance for a better yield.

Youll learn allot from this,what water do you use,any ph meter yet?

17. No i never really checked the ph in the water i used, i use a grow florecent lights that i got from lowes, they are a purpleish lighting.... says iots good for growing indoor plants so.... i normaly kept the light close sometimes it grew so fast when i check the next day it would be touching .... Im gonna try another batch hope i dont run across it again haha, but for this one im gonna try to pick all the sacks off and see what happens.... anything special i should give it????? like nutes??? Any help is wanted ill try to get some better pictures tonight... any other suggs? for this here plant... Thank You!!!

18. Okay, that is a definite hermie, you need to make sure to remove those pollen sacs to prevent pollination. In my 8 plants I didn't see one hermie, 2/8 were males, 6/8 were female. Spikes in anything can cause hermaphroditism, whether it's temp, light, etc. I'd use a razor or a sharp knife when removing pollen sacs so you don't crush them and cause any pollen to spill. With your lights - fluoro tubes are very cool and plants can get real close to them, try to have them 2-3 inches away so that your plants can receive the most light possible. Definitely give the plant nutes, you can pick some cheap nutes up at Lowes around now. I just picked up some 10-15-10 nutes for under $5 from Lowes a few days ago and my plants are loving that shit. It's Schultz nutes btw. Good luck with your grow!

19. there is a product called reverse that might be able to help keep the male parts to a minimum

good luck!

20. Ok tonight while my light cycle was on i cut off the tiny things hold many pollen sacks was about 5 or 6 little branches under flower that i had to cut in order to get all the sacks.. but i was trying to handle the plant gentle but for some reason my plant wants to leen over like not stand on its own. it did this once before maybe from the lack of a fan at the begining??? i hear a fan making wind in the closet will make the stem stronger????? so should i always have a fan on lower in my closet making 24/7 wind ??? ill put pics up tomorrow with the sacks cut... thanx