What Seems To be The Problem?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by WindDancer, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Hey guys,

This plant is watered but not overwatered. It's 2 sisters seem much healthier, bigger, etc. I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on it.
    All 3 plants came from the same exact soil mix I made in a wheelbarrow. I started a plant about a week and a half behind it, but it has caught up to this in size if not number of nodes. There is a yellowing of leaves and they curl upwards some.

Jian

Attached Files:

2. Are the tips of the leaves dried out?

3. looks like heat stress

4. Hmm does make some sense with the crazy weather we've been having. It was about 40 just a couple of nights ago, and then getting up in the 70's on occasion during the day. I'm beginning to think I should pop my last Moby Dick seed to insure I get a decent harvest. Thanks for the help.

5. 70's is not that warm. What kind of lights are you using and how close are you keepin them from the canopy?
    You can use Aloe vera it helps for heat stress. 1/4 cup fresh aloe juice in a gallon of water.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I would foliar feed warm aloe water as scoobie suggests, and incorporate a kelp tea foliar. 1 Tablespoon kelp, per gallon of water plus the aloe.
    I suspect the soil temp is cool, and nutrients as well as water are having a tough time making it into the plant from the root zone.
    This is based on the canoe look of the leaves, which is the plants way of calling out for water.
    The unusual coloration also calls out that its having a tough time assimilating nutrients from the root zone.
    I would try to limit 'top' watering to the minimum, foliar water often as possible. The kind of temps you see lend themselves to 'damping off' in the root zone very easily.
    cheers
    os

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. #7 WindDancer, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    The burning most likely happened when they were still under lights(led). The plants were getting leggy so I lowered the light. It must have been the combo of too close to the light while doing foliars. I did the foliars because it was the only watering I did the first 2weeks. The soil was well saturated before I placed the cracked seeds in.
    I started in 10 G pots so it was hard to get all the pots under and close enough. It is a poor quality light. This plant was probably the closest one. With the light problems and stretching I moved the plants out sooner than I really had planned to. They were about to fall over.
    As OS has mentioned the plants have been suffering cold temperatures at night. I covered with plastic and had 2 huge bags of mulch that collected heat during the day pressed up against the pots at night. The other 2 a W.WidowxB.Bud and a Amnesia looks great. The WWxBB is huge compared to the M.D. I started a Amnesia in place of a failed germination which started 9 days after the M.D. It is also larger and healthier looking. This plant was only under the light 1 week before I moved it out and it looks very good.

I started the foliars again about 10 days ago. I started with a weak liquid seaweed, and have switched it over to aloe vera now. I do it early before the sun gets up, and try for another in the evenings when the sun drops behind trees but well before dark.

Jian

• Like Like x 1