What saddens me...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Dryice, Aug 6, 2011.

1. ...is man's ability to close his mind instead of his mouth.

2. How do you know it isn't open?

3. I really question those that try so hard to be believed.

4. i think the question for them is really.....
    who are you trying to convince?
    everyone elts or yourself?

5. because a mindset....is generally a pretty good way to keep from ever seeing anything outside of that ..mindset....this would be what makes for a closed mind.....
    believe you have it figured out......
    is a great way to never learn another thing....

6. Seems like if they are trying to figure something out for themselves, and they want to share it......that would be an open mind....?

So is the alternative is keeping the mouth shut and having an open mind? If the process of questioining is valued...that seems incongruous.

7. no silly.....

the problem lies when instead of questioning......
    one ignores the questions .... and claims that they are right and everyone elts is wrong......and everyone should believe them....because they are right.....

and never once consider and view other then the one they themselves bring to the table.....only consider how to shoot all other ideas down so theirs can be the only right one.....

just because we disagree doesnt always mean one of us has to be wrong......

the closed mind forgets this .....

and says that everything elts is wrong.....
    and sometimes this is done in an effort to convince ones own self....

most times it is done blindly....and often enough the participant has no idea what they are really doing themselves.....;):smoke:

an open mind considers many perspectives.....and remains flexible to change
    the closed mind misses everything going on around it .....
    locked in an eternal struggle with itself....
    never sure but always want to seam sure....
    somehow thinking that this is in some way important.....
    the closed mind convinces its self that there is only one way to look at everything....only one right way for all....

see.....it is silly isnt it?;):smoke:

8. lol....seen plenty of that on the board....that is for sure...it is the process of questioning that feeds the 'open' mind...

That said....if youve been there done that...so to speak....people can learn from the other's experiences

9. no one said you cant....
    but sharing your experiences and preaching your beliefs are definitely two different things....(depending on who you ask:eek:;):smoke:)

you see i can tell you how i feel about some thing i have been thru....and you can consider it and see how it may or may not help you along the way ......

or i can tell you that i know!!!!
    and you are so fucked if you dont listen to me!!!!
    cus i know ! and none elts does!!!!
    only the shit i know can possibly help you and if you even think of taking any help from any place elts you will be fucked!!!!!!!!

i think the difference is obvious myself.....

10. lol...I agree...questions I asked you have been to elicit discussion ;)

I will say however...that discussion needs to be done with respect for anyone's given view...no matter what it is....too often people resort to condecension...which furthers no exchange.

11. this is what happens when that mindset is fucking with them.....
    "something must be wrong with them if they dont see it the way i do!"
    the type of responses you are talking about come into play when someone who believes they are right ...and have it figured out....
    dosnt have any thing to back up their claims.....and some asks them for proof....or it happens when someone thinks that the fact that you think or feel differently then me means you must be wrong.....and if you are different then me we cant be on the same team......

still alot of closed minded thinking....holding people back ...and keeping them apart....
    as long as they fight each other they will never come together and rise;):smoke:

12. Instead of allowing this tendency of numerous moral agents to sadden you, let it encourage you to have a complete opposite tendency bro! Maybe it has, but don't let it sadden your soul

13. some people ignore the imagination when having a discussion. I think it all takes programming yourself to look at other peoples perspectives, instead being in the narcassistic perspective. At least then you can realise everyone has the right to there own belief, and no one is obligated to listen to yours.

14. [​IMG]ord

15. ^lol...I was listening to Zoot Allures today....good smoking album....He was the best smartass ever.....His son was one of the best shows Ive ever seen...He does daddy RIGHT

16. When someone is on a high-horse they have to shout louder so we can hear them allllll the way 'up' there. :D