What Rules were you Taught to Live By

Discussion in 'General' started by MissBaracuta, Feb 13, 2014.

1. my mom kinda gave up parenting but she always said everything happens for a reason..I was like..uh alright. I think actually it's just simply realizing that everything in life is cause and effect in the long run, so i dont know why people have that saying. I guess to help them get over shit.

2. To have a open mind,listen to what people have to say,help others in their time of need. I had some good parents even though they were bi-polar

3. Hand outs are not mean to be taken. Their called hand OUTS for a reason.

Treat others how you'd wanna be treated.

If you happen to say somethings that you didn't mean at the time, go apologize when the situation has cooled down.

Family comes first.

4. My dad told me that to get ahead you've gotta kiss ass. But he also told me that if a person in an authority position is treating you like shit and you don't think they can help you get ahead, you treat them like shit right back. Also, to always question what people tell you. He was big with ASK QUESTIONS.

But generally my parents never sat me down and handed me a list of rules to obey. Like someone else said, my parents taught me how to act by just living their lives.

5. #25 My Username, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    This is an interesting thread!

I have never been sat down and had a real chat about big ideas like these - They were usually just in reaction to something I wasn't doing correctly, and sometimes they would contradict, so I just taught myself to live 

:)

Edit - I guess I learned from watching them live their lives.. I am trying really hard to scrape up some example or some thing I learned but I honestly can not.. I am a lot like them though.. So I guess whatever happened worked

Edit again - IDK what I am saying I am actually not like them at all. I think I am a lot smarter than they were at my age and see things in different ways.. but sometimes I act like them which makes me kind of mad to think about

This thread makes my head hurt goodnight GC

6. #26 My Username, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    I just remembered something my dad always said - he told me not to let others influence me, and also to understand the impact of my actions on other people

I to this day do not know what exactly he was talking about. I mean I get it but I don't know why he would even say that

Edit - Has anyone ever got that rules to be taught as well? When he says this it is usually out of the blue and not related to anything.. just an "oh by the way now that we are talking about what you should be doing, you should also..." type of convo

I am overworking myself thinking about this but I won't stop until I conclude something that makes sense