What religeon are you?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by untamedlion33, Aug 11, 2011.

1. #41 DDV, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    If you're serious, I'm glad to see I'm not alone :)

2. Christian! But I don't bealive religion

3. hedonistic agnostic.

4. I am a christian, and just because im a christian does not mean im some whacko dude throwing bibles at everyone and all, i dont go to church all the time but im still a strong beleiver in god the father, the son and the holy spirit, i believe in god my own way yet still hold to many traditional beleifs in christianity, and ill still be friends with non christians too.

5. Atheist, so I don't really have a religion.

6. For some people atheism is a religion. The attacks that are thrown at religious people about them not being critical thinkers, etc. etc., are things that many among them are guilty of.

Not saying you fit this category, but many do. In my experience illogical people exist in both camps, and logical people also, but I must admit that there are more logical people in the atheist circle than the religious ones, and I'm a 'religious' person myself.

7. attacking religious folk doesn't make you religious, it makes you an attacker of religious folk

8. I agree, there are a fair share of atheists who are atheists for irrational reasons, like the guy who posted this thread, for example. It annoys the shit out of me. However, just because someone is an atheist for irrational reasons does not make atheism their religion, since atheism by definition isn't a religion. Atheism is a singular position on one thing, the existence of deities, whereas religion (loosely defined) encompasses a variety of beliefs, including a positive one about something supernatural. If you are saying that some atheists can be like religious people, then I'll agree with you.

9. LaVey Satanist. Although it's really more of a philosophical outlook than a religion.

10. I don't adhere to any religion. I'm atheist with pantheistic views.

11. [​IMG]

"I have belonged to many cults... both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower...
    but you make more money as a leader."

12. God is the greatest fictional character ever conceived. Clearly the fruit of a writers collaberation spanning several centuries. Besides that, no. No God, no Allah, no JHVH, no neverending love, no unconditional love, no honesty, no truth, no security, no heroes, no being saved from drowning by the outreached hand. No flying ponies with rainbows tattoo'ed on their bellies, no whores that'll do you for free.
    No purpose to life, nor death for that matter. No meaning to you, no direction but down down down it all goes. No better life, no afterlife, no living to see the end of it all.

13. Then there is no hate, no lies, no villains, etc.

To answer the OP, I am agnostic.

14. I guess I agree, except for the hate part. Sure there's hate, there's love too. Just not the 'unconditional' or the 'neverending', that's romanticizing and mythicizing (if it's not a word, it is one now).

For the rest, I always like to say I don't know, because I change my mind pretty quickly. It's because I think a lot, philophize a lot, and the worst thing about philosophy is that a true philosopher's never able to hold on to an opinion long enough to become acquainted to it.