What PPM do you run in coco during flowering?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by heaphyhigh, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Just wondering what PPM everyone runs in flowering excluding water ppm and additives. Also state your conversion factor so we can see an accurate comparision.

For me I'm running around 650-700ppm canna coco daily (0.5 Hanna) throughout flowering, but I highly suspect I'm under feeding them, so hence this thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. well i do 2 things. i have some plants that are hand watered and some that are on blumats. the ones that are on the blumats running off a rez, starting week 6 of flower, im running around 900-1000 at most. thats just because their being fed all day everyday. now my hand watered ones that i just finished last week, i had those babies up to 1200's at peak flower. some people dont run their ppms very high, that would be your lucas people i believe. hopefully Veodigital stops by and sheds a little light for ya, he runs the lucas formula im pretty sure. i dont know much about the canna nutes sorry

3. Using a modified lucas formula I feed at 6ml micro 10ml bloom, 5ml cal-mag as my base. I will add to it every few waterings depending on what the plants are telling me, humic acid at 10-20ml (shits expensive), florakleen at 5-10ml for the salt buildup. On a 9 week strain, I hit them with 1 tsp koolbloom on the 15th day, 29th day and the 36th day.

Base modified lucas w/ cal-mag =550 ppm
    + Koolbloom = 1075ppm

Feed every other day with 20-30% runoff. Keeping a low concentration keeps from salt buildup and toxicity, feeding frequently supplies the roots with ample nutrients for them to take as needed. Balancing the nute profile will equal or surpass hitting them with the kitchen sink in results.

4. #4 heaphyhigh, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
    So 650ppm for base nutrients ain't really weak if feed daily? I'm trying to figure out my yellowing of upper new fan leaves. I've tried everything from several flushes, to running a lower nute for a while and of course I always run plenty of runoff (20%+). Still my leaves are yellowing from the tips backwards and since i have no lower fan leafes left there aint much total leaf left to support bud growth. At least my buds appear not to be lacking, but the only issue left is under feeding, so I've bumped the nutes up to 900ppm. I'm running around in circles trying to figure out whats going on, I'm at week 5 of flowering so starting to panic a little because I can see this could really effect yeild.

Could it be from too much heat/light also?

5. Isn't PPM relative to the exact nutes you are using anyways? How would comparing your readings to ours help you?