What Pissed You Off Most When Driving?

Discussion in 'General' started by TLF1088, Aug 20, 2009.

1. I think about making this thread every time I drive home from work, but never do. Why not today though? What do other drivers do that annoy you to know end? Now, I'm not a perfect driver, I mean fuck, I'm from Massachusetts so that is obvious. However, I don't feel like I come anywhere near being as shitty as every other driver in Mass.

I live 3 miles from work and it takes me 20 minutes or more to drive home from work everyday....and I get out at 4p.m. so it's not even rush hour yet. I actually left work half an hour early today because I wasn't feeling well, really hot out and I have a cold.....made it through 7 and a half hour but I ended up bitching out at the end. I could have pushed myself, but I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to drive home if I stayed, I started to feel like I was going to pass out. Thankfully I'm feeling better in the air conditioned house now. Wow, I'm rambling off topic now......touched my weekend fun supply a little early....it's been a really bad week, I needed a little pick me up.

Anyways, back on topic.

I won't put down all my biggest peeves right away, just a few. I'll add more later, and I'm sure others will have the same ones as me.

Number 1......When only 3 or 4 cars make it through a green light. What the fuck? I mean, I have to deal with about 8 or 9 sets of lights coming home and I of course always hit the reds. There's nothing I hate more than seeing only 3 or 4 cars go through before it turns red again. The first person in line always feels the need to wait about 10 seconds before stepping on the gas. Then you have the person who will make the right turn at .5 miles per hour......

Number 2.....This actually happened to me today. Person in front of me slows down and puts on their turn signal. I go to drive around them....oh they're actually not turning down the next street....and now they're pissed that I "cut them off." Well, this wouldn't have been a problem if you didn't put your blinker on 3 streets before the one you planned on turning down.

Number 3....The opposite of number 2. No blinker at all! Yep, just slam on your brakes and turn down that street or over to the side of the road. No need to warn me.

I wish I lived in a big city, I would never drive a car again.

2. when the guy infront of you is driving fucking slow and you pullout beside the person and its a bitch on her cellphone

lets not generalize to much but certain races, gender sometimes, and age can not drive well

3. Women
    /thread

4. People who pull halfway out into a street, blocking oncoming traffic until they can squeeze into a lane

People who ride your ass and expect you to be doing 10+ over the speed limit at all times

5. There are so many old people in my area, and they all feel the need to drive 25 MPH under the speed limit.
    And there are speed traps here like hell.
    Oh, and not having a high level of nicotine in my blood when I drive gets pretty stressful too.

6. haha so many things, everyday to and from work.

one thing when you're in the left lane and someones tailgating you, then you move to the right lane, and they slow down, god damn.

the worst is when theres a ton of traffic only in the right lane for an exit that youre waiting in. and assholes pull up in the empty middle lane and cut the whole line and people actually let them in right before the end of the exit

7. Whne people go real slow and youre sittin there like WTF, then they put on their turn signal at the last second.

When im going 80 in a 65 and a guy is one car length behind me.

When someone is in such a rush to pull out in front of you, then they drive the speed limit.

8. People who drive under the speed limit

9. In a student heavy area, so bicycles tend to piss me off more than other drivers. There's a horrible turn near me with a crossing right by it, I'm usually fine with seeing the lovely polite pedestrians who stop and make it obvious they're going to cross. Biker the other day, cleverly, was cycling on the pavement, then turned onto the crossing without stopping. After I brake, hard, he carries on cycling, on the wrong side of the road, then finally finishes crossing a couple of metres further up from the crossing, before kindly turning around and giving me the finger. Nice.

10. Shit, this is one that I should have definitely put on my list! I can't stand it when I'm driving down the road and someone coming from a side street pulls way out and tries to block me so they can pull out.
    I NEVER let them go, I always drive right fucking around them. I fucking hate it.

I'm actually a really nice guy when I'm driving. I always stop to let people. Not when they do shit like that though. If I see someone waiting to pull out and they aren't trying to block me, I'll always stop if I have time and it's safe to do so.

People are so inconsiderate and reckless when they drive. There could be so many fewer accidents and unnecessary tragedies.

So many car accidents and fatalities all the time in my area.

I usually don't believe in stereotypes, but the one about Massachusetts having the worst drivers is definitely true.

When I lived in Florida, driving was like fucking heaven. Sure there were assholes who did stupid shit, they're all over, but not like up here.

I'm very overly cautious while driving. I actually kind of have a driving phobia. I mean, it's not so bad that it stops me from driving, but every time I drive I'm afraid I'm going to get into a bad car accident.
    My biggest fear is a family member or friend dying in a car accident.
    It's weird, I was never close to anyone that died in a car wreck, but it's just a constant subconscious fear that someone I love will die in one. Especially my dad, he refuses to wear a seatbelt.
    Winter is the worst, I'm always afraid I'm going to hit black ice, I must slow down 20 miles per hour every time I go around at turn.

I watched a special on cars of the future and how safe they're going to be, I really can't wait for the day those are driven by everyone.

11. people who do the fucking speed limit.

12. Speaking of annoying things pedestrians do Psy, I wasn't going to include this because I will now, I can't stand people who don't understand what pedestrians having the "right of way" means.

It does NOT mean that you can just step out into the road without looking or checking for cars when I'm driving 40 miles per hour and make me slam on my brakes.

I also hate when people cross the street in a diagonal line so I have to wait twice as long as if they were going straight.

13. When there are 2 lanes, and 2 cars insist on driving -right- next to each other at the same, slow goddamn speed, usually 5-10 under the limit. Like, would it fucking kill one of you to change lanes and let those of us who have shit to do get by?

I just cant understand the need for that

14. Sorry, first post in this thread I disagree with.

You should be doing near or around the speed limit. Sure if I'm on a long highway drive I'll probably put it on cruise at 75....but that's actually safer because it's usually keeping up with the flow of traffic, although there are tons of assholes who go a lot faster.

Really though, I hate it when people drive unnecessarily fast. You're just putting yourself and others in danger, especially if it's a residential area.

Although I actually don't think people should get speeding tickets unless they're doing at least 10 over.

15. Yeah those situations are unbelievable

When I leave work, there's an intersection with no lights, so to take a left onto the road (towards the highway that everyone's going for) you have to wait like five minutes in a long line with your co-workers. Five minutes, it's annoying, but no big deal. There was this one asshole who always used to cut down the wrong lane and just piggyback when the next person pulled out into traffic. Thankfully he quit.

16. People on cellphones and all their dumbass mistakes.

17. When someones in the fast lane driving under the speed limit..-_- Then when I go to pass them they give you that wtf look.

Or at this sop sign where it says NO TURN ON RED and some tool decides to honk his horn and get out of the car and slam his hands on my window telling me to go then he sees the sign and apologizes . Yeah he was about to get thrown into traffic lucky he caught himself.

18. bikers. when there is a sidewalk literally 5 steps to the right of them. like, wtf? seriously? why get in the middle of the road biking when there is a sidewalk made for just that reason. then everybody tries passing and fucks up the flow of traffic and the bikers bitch about it like they own the road

19. Not only bikers....fucking runners!

Why are you running in the street when there is a goddamn sidewalk right next to you? You're right that's so infuriating...

20. qft!! i hate that!

i hate it when people see you coming and still insist on backing up out of their parking space, even though they obviously won't make it. i honked at this guy that kept backing up the other day and was looking right at me. he gave me the dirtiest look so i stuck my tounge out at him!:p