What pipe should I get?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Crackhead420, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Im looking to get a new pipe. I don't want to get a glass one because my glass ones keep breaking. I don't want to get a wooden one because the wood may accidentally burn and wood alters the taste. I don't want to get a soapstone or metal one because of health issues they can cause, any other ideas?

2. I have had a wooden pipe for years (secondary to all my glass hehe) that hits great and has never ever burnt and released any sort of fumes or tastes

3. Does it stink much more than a glass one? And how do you clean it?

4. #4 coraygc, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    Ive never had a problem with it stinking any more or less while just lying around on a table or something.  If you mean while smoking, there really isn't a difference there.  I have one off of GC that is a REALLY wide huge Shotgun of a wooden pipe, so cleaning it is never really a huge issue- pipe cleaners or a small stiff bottle brush clean wooden pipes nicely.

5. Thanks! Does it taste any different to glass pipes and what type of wood would you recommended?

6. I've got this pipe:   http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/smoking-pipes/hand-pipes/wooden-pipes/bamboo-pure-pipe-2.html#.Uq3yMGRDvv0    It's honestly a little too big for a solo session- The bowl holds like 2 grams.   

I would rec a pipe that has a nice wide open shaft like that one opposed to something like this:   http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/smoking-pipes/hand-pipes/wooden-pipes/wood-pure-pipe-15.html#.Uq3yh2RDvv0
    As that is much more apt to clog because it is so delicate and narrow. 

As to which kind of wood, I really don't know, sorry.  However the pipe I bought and showed you is very nice, just a little bit of a party bowl ha.  Might want something a little smaller if solo.

7. The links don't work for some reason but thanks a lot for all the help

8. glass pipes are the way to go. If the problem you have with them is you keep breaking them, buy thicker glass pieces

9. get a bubbler

10. Just get a nice $30 bubbler at your LHS and get a traveling bag for it, everything breaks but it won't break fast if you take care of it

11. Glass > Stone > Wood > Metal. If you choose a stone pipe though make sure it has a hole in the center of the bowl. Most just have a hole on the side of the bowl that faces the mouthpiece which results in an uneven burn and ash in your mouth. Also most stone pipes don't have a carb but it's not a big deal because most stone pipes are small so it's not like much smoke is being wasted.

12. Stone pipes might chip if you drop them though but they won't break easily.