What pc case to use?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by captcook, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Can someone reccomend an exceptional pc case for growing feminized white widow seeds? I was going to go with the one posted here - " http://www.rollitup.org/newbie-central/143544-how-build-pc-grow-box.html" but, was informed it was to small and Also is discontinued.

I will probably be making the grow box just like that one in the tutorial posted above but, what case will give me a good yield for feminized WW?

Thanks in advance, best regards.

2. an old server case, usually 21-24 inches tall and lots of em have fans and power supplys. if you have a local computer store they sell used ones cheap otherwise craigslist or ebay or something shouldnt be more than 20-50$ if u find a couple with fans and power supplys cheap, get em both and strip em out to make you own custom design.

3. #3 captcook, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
    can the fans just be plugged straight into the powersupply? Dosen't need to be attached to a mobo? I forget from when I used to build them. I'm worried I'm going to buy one that I'm going to need special tools to strip or end up making unnessary cuts to get the inside frames out. Has anyone had any good expierience with a certain server case?

Good case choice? "http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144187&cm_re=Full_tower_computer_case_with_power_supply-_-11-144-187-_-Product"

4. that case isnt to bad, 21 inches height is prob the lowest i would get, the taller the better

5. Has two expansion slot for 80mm fans going to pick up those too for extra cooling. Can anyone tell me the best way going about gutting this shit out? Preferably with @ home tools?

6. I will be growing 4 Feminized White Widow plants in a
    Dimensions(L x W x H) 19.00" x 7.75" x 21.25" PC Case. Will 2 - 105 Watt CFL bulbs
    (1 Warm White 2700k) (1 Daylight 6500k) be enough? I'm worried about heat so I don't want to do 100 watts per plant and its such a small space they must be sharing the lights, right?

Please advise, thanks in advance, best regards.

7. #7 DojaMonkey, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010

more light at least 3 lights in there wont really vary the heat make sure you mount them sideways too, not up and down. down you lose 75% of the available light, they are not made to shoot out the tip of those cfls. honestly i would put 4 lights in there. all one kind two sets one set blue light for veg 10-14 days or so then switch to the red set for the flowering. you have fans im guessing?
    Goob vibes

8. #8 captcook, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
    It comes with 2 - 120 mm fans and 2 exspansion slots for 80mm fans witch I'm going to buy. Never heard of blue or red light? Do you mean like daylight and warm white?