What Part Of The Plant Is Smoked

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by floydian420, Sep 22, 2004.

1. What part of the weed cannabis plant is smoekd everyones says its the buds but what r buds and ive herd it has to b a female plant why? also once u have it grown hwo long does it take to dry out adn how do u know? :smoke:

2. Hey,

I've never grown, but from what I've read, I think it's because female plants have more THC, making it a better smoke.....male plants/buds don't have as much and are usally only keepers if u need seeds (Males make the pollen that the females catch to make seeds). I hope I'm not wrong! lol As for what part of the plant it is, I don't really know how to explain that other than they grow during the flowering stage. So, think of it as a flower bud. And.....drying takes about 2 weeks, depending; 1 week hung upside down, another week in an airtight jar with "burps" or air given to it 4-5 times daily.....you wanna make sure it's at least 50% dry before you put it in the jar though, to prevent mold.

Again, I've never grown, so I may be wrong on all three - this is just what I remember from my readings.....anyone please correct me if i'm wrong, and i apologize if I am. lol

3. Seems pretty correct to me ;)

You can dry/cure the plants for longer.... Some people believe the best drying methods take months ;p I think the 'sign' that the plants are ready to go from drying out in the open and into a jar is that the stems should be dry/crisp enough that they 'snap' when you bend them. At this point you can transfer them to the jar and use the process as you explained it. You can also use one of the 'quick-dry' methods, but this ruins the flavour of the mj quite hideously. I've tried drying a small amount in a low heat oven and it wasn't *that* bad to be honest....

Male plants have much less THC as you say and also higher amounts of 'cack' in them.. I've heard that even if you can get high off parts of them, the other rubbish in there just hurts your head..

Oh..I don't really smoke that much btw.. I just took this up as a project whilst bored... So don't trust my opinions when it comes to the quality of the smoke :p

P.S. Good to see you already giving back to the community ;) Not that I'm a regular poster here or anything..

4. :D yip, you's have pretty much all the bases covered for that one............the female, if not pollinated will produce bigger and more potent buds, and as far as i use them, is for pollination as stated above.............the females pistols, will grow generally white in colour, allthough temp does determine it's colour, cold outdoor ones will appear to be purple, sometimes blue.............when these pistols are ready..........as in they have reached the end of their life and knowing that there's no male pollen available, they can retract slightly, and the pods that they retract into produced more THC...........hence a plant that's harvested at a later time will be more potent, as in couch lock stone...........than if it was harvested when say about 50% of the hairs had turned amber/brown............

and then there's the crystals, they change from clear, to cloudy to amber and then brown, and then it's too late to harvest............buts that's a whole diffrent ballgame......lol...........here's a female bud up close, and that's the pistols, they're still white, and hardly any crystals as it's a young one...........Peace out.........Sid

Attached Files:

• bud.JPG
      bud.JPG
      File size:
      42.7 KB
      Views: