What other plant does a marijuana seedling look like?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HomeGardener, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Hey guys,

I just started some seeds today, Im going to grow them indoors in little containers until they have their second set of leaves all grown up and then transplant them outdoors in my guerilla spot. Problem is, I have them in a window sill and when they sprout up friends and family will sure ask what plant variety is it. So any ideas of plants that look like marijuana when in seedling stage so no problems are caused?

Thank you!

2. I kinda did the same thing. Just said it was a tomatoe plant. Continued that story up till day 12 when I got a grow tent.

3. Or you could just say tomatoe plant because I highly doubt anyone will give a shit after you say a tomatoe plant and unless they are seasoned tomatoe growers I don't think they're going to notice.

4. lotsa people know that tomato leaves dont look like that.

5. Yeh but yes only growing them till they have their second set of leaves. He should be fine :)

6. They are going to know it is cannabis unless they are completely ignorant. Thanks to decades of pop culture cannabis is probably one of the most recognizable plants in the world.

Tomatoes look nothing like cannabis and certainly not after a set of leaves. Sure you can make up some BS if you want but most people will know are lying.

7. That happen to me with my aunt about 25 yrs ago. I told her it was some kind of palm tree I was growing

8. I had mine growing with some tomatoe plants and it looked pretty darn similar. Fooled my girlfriend and her folks.

9. What I'm saying is you've gotta make it sound believable, if someone told me they were growing some obscure plant I have never heard of I'd probably wanna know why? And I'd be more interested in it.

10. #11 ProblemChild211, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
    Id say basil.

[​IMG]

11. Queen cleome plants look like a more indica dominant marijuana...even kinda smells skunky like it and feels kinda sticky. I tossed some outside last year just to see how they grew. Definitely gonna put more out when I find a spot for my babies outside.

12. Marigold looks exactly like marijuana when they first grow but only the two first leafs

13. That pic is definitely lemon basil or one of the basils

14. tell them its a cannabis plant

15. Some castor oil plants look like marijuana plants

16. Mexican tomatoes.