What other forums do you visit and which one(s) do you consider best?

Discussion in 'General' started by Superjoint, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Aside from GC I only ever go to The Syndicate, formerly the forum for votenumber1.com. It used to be a fairly thriving music discussion community, but now it's just a glorified board for chat threads about Bon Jovi. :laughing:

I go there to play the games and for a weekly discussion of Rush, the band.

Other than that, it's GC all the way. :gc_rocks: :metal:

2. You mean that there's other Websites:eek:

Other then quick browse's if I've heard of something interesting, This is Home:wave::smoke:

3. #43 Royksopp, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010
    The only other forum I'm somewhat active on besides GC is this trance one lol but it's basically a bunch of trolls bashing everyone for no reason and then attempting to sound smart through the internet. It is the trance/canadian version of 4chan in a way....I stopped posting for the most part because though I'm one of the youngest members on there, they all act younger than me. Sad, really.

GC takes the cake, plus it's so much more active! :gc_rocks:

The most I like about the city is the vibe, the people, and how active it is :) lots of great info on here! Whether it be on legalization, growing, smoking, cooking, etc.!

The only things I don't like are the no-chat thread rules...I miss the old Pandora's box too but meh. Besides that....:hello: :gc_rocks: Dank u for hearing us out SJ :D

4. icmag.com is the only other site I post on, mainly because there's different growing info, different grows, etc.

But this place is definitely cooler. You can't even talk about seed banks unless it's one that pays them/they support and dumb shit like that.

5. Bodybuilding.com MISC section!

6. A bit quicker would be to click on the quick links button on the top toolbar and go to 'my profile' and you can click on your posts from there. ;)

Don't know much about the envelopes. Open means unread, red means a lot of replies quickly...:confused_2:

7. I only ever use GC. I visit the shroomery sometimes. I think there could be a better way to find people in your area. No one ever seems to use groups and it'd prevent threads getting buried in general. Something like:

--Alabama
    --Alaska
    --Arizona
    --ect

-Canada
    --Alberta
    --British Columbia
    --Manitoba
    --ect

Would probably take up too much space for every country though.

8. misc brah

9. Most of us who grow have no desire to be 'found' or meet any of you. No offense, it's just the nature of the beast :)

10. I also visit Draft Countdown forums.

Exactly like GC

Except with a lot less people and a whole different topic of Forums.

11. silverfishlongboarding.com

basically the exact same layout...

12. I have been a member of other chat board sites, and I was even a mod for a couple of them. They were fun for a while, but they didn't have the long term appeal of this place. This place is very active compared to other chat board sites, but it's not chaotic. Any other site with this many members who are also regular posters are usually a mess. Or worse, there are little cliques that stick together and bully other people. Very unappealing, to say the least. I outgrew those sites very quickly.

I never posted as much on those other sites like I do here. That's what I love about GC...there is always something to talk about, or someone to talk to. I quickly came to feel like I became part of an online family here. And we all rock!!

:smoking: :hello: :wave: :gc_rocks: :yay::metal: :bongin: :love:

13. I've been on a lot of forums as an active member but I usually only do one at a time. I've modded a few big ones, contributed to others. Eventually I move on, my work being done.

For now as long as there are noobs to educate, trolls to report, and disinformation to combat I'll stick around GC before I ride off into the sunset.

14. Nooo, you cannot leave me!!! You contribute a lot here :hello:

Where would GC be without it's old skool grower? ;)

15. It would be the same as it was when I lurked and didn't post. The only thing constant in life is change. People come and go, and no one person is irreplaceable in any circumstance :)

16. I'm pretty sure it wasn't mentioned yet (ctrl+f)
    I'm a member of reddit, and they have a really nice tokers community with subforums all dedicated to it, specifically r/trees. I know there's definitely a little bit of crossover on this site, so reddit users where you at? :cool:

It's a prime place for intellectual smokers and always got pretty cool stuff going on.
    Of course, at the end of the day I always come to the City for all my weed-needs :)

17. they have other forums?

i thought you guys where kidding.....;)