Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What of those vaporizers... [Vaporizer Faqs needed]

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SimplyPassingBy, Aug 11, 2008.

1. #1 SimplyPassingBy, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
    Okay. Here's the deal. I transferred to a new college, hip hip horray and the whole nine yards. Now. I'm worried my roommates won't be cool with me smoking in the room (Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't).

I just have a few questions to ask, because from what the grapevine shows... vaporizers are my way out, since blazing in your room is way more comfortable than going outside to do so. So, I wanted to know...

a) Do vaporizers take out the scent?

The fabric softener trick works only to a limited extent, and my roommates would probably not be cool with smoking anyhow. Thus, I wanted to know if vaporizers leave a scent.
    (in case anyone didn't know what the fabric softener trick was, it was to take a dowel from a roll of toilet paper or paper towels, and rubber-banding a fabric softener over one of the ends to mask the smoke you blow out with the smell of that wonderful, homely scent of Bounty ^TM)

b) What do you think of the high from vaporizers?

I heard the high from vaporizers and smoking are different experiences. So far, I've tried eating magic brownies, and a 0.6g of bud in a brownie didn't give me too much of an effect.

What I've heard about the high from vaporizers is that it's... "weaker" than the high from smoking out of a good bong. This was from my buddy in California with a medical card, but I'm still hoping to see if people have something better to say about vaporizers. I mean, those things are bloody expensive, and people seem to love them. I'm certainly hoping that a good high is calculated into the price of those things.

c) Question of a product: The vapor genie vaporizer.

http://www.gotvape.com/store/vaporgenie.vaporizer.php

Just wanted to see if you thought it was any good for a vaporizer... Thank you for your time

2. no scent. i smoked one at a party and got so LIT. vaporizers are theshit.

3. werd vapes are amazing. i went to the city with my friend to get one, I love using it. I really need to get one for college, no smell and it looks like a pencil sharpener...if you dont look to closely ahha.

4. There absolutely is a smell...it's just different though. Plus if you got some really stank weed that smell will be there regardless. I have 1/2 an ounce in my office at home and it stinks up the whole room (until I put it in glass). Some say it smells like popcorn, but I don't know if that's quite accurate. You definitely notice it though.

As for the high, I've heard people claim the high is actually stronger. I don't know honestly. I always use a vape and I can't give you a good comparison. My friends who use pipes and such tend to say it's stronger when they use my vape though.

5. I'd describe the smell as popcorn...it's like a burnt smell. You have to smell it to know...you know somethings burning but you're not sure what.

I think the high is more like...clear? I dont feel as foggy, but imo it gets me more high. After one hit off my friends vape, i feel high. but i'm not retarded.