What nutrients do I need?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by _Grendel_, Sep 19, 2019.

1. I'm about to start my first grow, I plan on using coconut coir as my medium.

I want to have everything on hand that I will need for my first cycle.
    From what I have read I need Botanicare Cal-Mag, the General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom and Micro set, a 3-1 organocide, and lastly general hydroponics ph control kit.

Is this all I need?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maybe some silica if you wish.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Not a necessity though.

4. Lots of perlite to mix in with the coco. And definitely silica during veg. Always feed to 20% waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I have perlite for coco. What do you mean feed 20% to waste?

6. Meaning 20% of what you poured in comes out the bottom of the pot. Watering wise.

7. Oh, so make batches 120% their intended amounts?

8. This is really all I need?
    But what about all those super flower products? Pk boosters? Magic beans? Snake oil?!?

9. It’s your first grow. Get the basics down. Get a simple feed schedule down. Learn to read your plants. Learn from all the mistakes you’ll make. THEN worry about all the technicalities my friend. Patience grasshoppper lol. Don’t over do it. Simplicity is key.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. It’s your first grow. Get the basics down. Get a simple feed schedule down. Learn to read your plants. Learn from all the mistakes you’ll make. THEN worry about all the technicalities my friend. Patience grasshoppper lol. Don’t over do it. Simplicity is key.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You have 4-8 weeks to worry about flowering. A pk boost like Flower Fuel is good to add weeks 3-7. Longer if sativa

12. Damn that stuff is expensive.

13. Maxibloom dry, silica, cal mag, ph down, ph testing kit, and flower fuel, give the minimum of each, i do 1 ml of all in 50/50 soil/perlite, also get a thermostat and you should be set

14. @Soil2Coco he has helped me alot, actually he was the first person to really help me out from the beggining, he got me on the flower fuel, it is good stuff, i can probably do almost 20 grows with it, but always remember to give your plants minimum, people mess up by giving their plants to much, my plants flourish with the minimum and they never get nute burn

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maxibloom Dry $15.00
    Silica Blast $15.00
    Cali Magic $18.00
    Flower Fuel $18.00
    General Hydropic
    Ph Control kit $15.00

Total $85.00 this will pretty much set you up good and this is all really cheap compared to what is out there

16. If you use tap water, you may not need any calmag - I rarely need it.
    www.cocoforcannabis.com is a good place to learn how to grow in coco - they also have a feeding chart for the GH Flora Series.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I agree with the gh flora series, i forgot about that, your last hempy grow you used it and your plants did beuatiful, i remember i was going to give it a shot but i still have so much maxibloom, that stuff goes a long way

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeah, I see that now. When I first clicked on Flower Fuel, I was looking at the 20,000g version for $750.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I remember when I dropped 300$ on Advanced Nutes.
    I still have a majority of it haha.

If it is truly your first grow, maybe keep the nutrients bare minimum. In the wild they have a relatively limited amount of nutrients to begin with and survive. My experience with Coco, was that I blew through nutrients... I also burned a couple plants :{ Something about Coco holding on to certain nutrients or the such, If i'm not mistaken that was half the drive for all these coco-specific nutrients.

I agree with the previous users however, a solid 3-part base should be an affordable solution to starting. Prithee be-careful following their schedules however. Most assume that you're using the full line and can lead to nutritional gaps.

Learn, love and laugh with your plants and they will reward you as much as you reward them.

• Agree Agree x 1