Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What now?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by buckeye_420, Sep 28, 2008.

1. So i've been smoking for a little while, and i'm 18, and still live with my parents.

My mom came in my room one day, and said she found some in my car, and asked if my friends smoke, i said yes, then she asked if i do, and I said yes. So, she said that it was my decision, but that it worries her, because I have two very young siblings. She just said never drive under the influence of it, and then said she was worried about being arrested and crap, then she left.

So, anyways, I thought cool, she isn't too worried about it, but now she and my dad are acting really weird around me, and won't talk to me, and when they do talk to me, they talk to me in very aggresive, angry tones, and they never ask me to take care of my sibblings while they are gone anymore, they go and have someone else watch them.

It's seriously starting to bum me out, and they are making me feel alienated. Any advice?

2. You're probably just gonna have to talk to them about it.

3. they probly think you are going to get the younger kids into ganja. it shouldnt change the way they act around you tho. just a plant

4. yeah dude. just have a sit-down with them one day and talk about it (i know, its gonna be really awkward and shit) but its the only way to semi clear things up.

5. #5 -mokey593, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
    Quit smoking till you move out. Marijuana isnt worth sacrificing trust and family for. It's just a plant. You have another 65 years ahead of you prolly, you will have plenty of time to smoke in the future. Or if you really want to, never do it in or around the house... Just in the car or at a friends place. Thats my opinion.

Edit: Unless you think you can convince them it's not that harmful, then go for it.

6. Bra weed will always be there, you don't want the lost of trust from your fam.

7. yeah dont worry, you were straight up honest with them and thats the best policy. i had a similar situation back when i was 18 and put an $80 bubbler on my credit card. The 'rents saw the charge to an "some kind of herbal store" and did a little snooping and found it. When they asked what it was for, i told them. I also told them its there house and i understand i gotta follow there rules, I know its not allowed, and I will break that pipe to prove it wont be a problem. Furthermore, i told them it was a huge releif that they knew i smoked, because i was tired of hiding it. My parents basically agreed to disagree, told me not to drive with it for worries of being arrested, basically told me to hide shit better so it didnt influence my younger siblings, thne they GAVE THE BUBBLER BACK!!! :hello:
    My parents dont smoke pot or cigs, and only drink once a year on there anniversaire. I am the middle child of 5 and the ONLY one who smokes. Dont worry man! you are who you are, and you were honest with your parents about who you are! it might be a little awkward at first, but in time theyre going to appreciate the fact that you play it straight with them. good luck!

8. Just tell them that you're "not high all the time". If they think you're irresponsible, that's probably why they don't let you watch the kids. Tell them you only do it when you're relaxing or at a party, and that it's more of a social thing than a habit. Tell them you would never smoke and watch the kids, and you would never try and influence them to try it.

That should help a bit. I mean they seem ok with it...just they don't trust you as much. Get back their trust by convincing them you're responsible.