What next?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hydroholic, May 14, 2012.

1. :wave: Hello people of Grasscity!
    I have been growing indoors for quite some time, but I am new to growing cannabis. I have done a little research and I know my nutrients. I am aware of what LSTing, SOG, and ScOG, but I do not know if my situation calls for it.

My setup consists of:
    a 4x4x6 Mylar tent
    310 Carbon filter with a 6in can fan
    1 Sunsystem 8 using a 400 MH and a 400 HPS for grow and bloom on a switchable ballast
    1 Rainforest 318
    1 Ecogrower (currently housing my Habanero peppers)
    They also share the tent with lavendar and an orchid
    Praying mantis and Ladybugs are being used to control pests

My situation:
    I recieved some bag seeds of an unknown strain to practice with a month and a half ago. I germinated them about 3 weeks to a month ago. They have since been transplanted into my rainforest. I do not know what to do next. I have been looking for calyxes and pre-flowers but Im not sure if they are ready. The only wire training that has been done has been helping them stand up using some bamboo kebab sticks with pipe cleaners. Help me maximize my yield and I will be very grateful for any and all help. I would also be willing to ask for help identifying the strain when all comes to fruition.

photos attached for critique/advice/amusement/wonder!

Peace and long life,
    -Hydro

Attached Files:

2. Please let me know if I should take other pictures, and what to take. ppm is around 800 and the ph is 6.0. Should I start training or is it too late?... again thanks!

-Hydro

3. oh hi.

I don't think it's too late to train it...just bend the largest/tallest branches down. If the branches are real stiff and you're worried about breaking them just smash/mash the stem before bending it..this is called supercropping.

:smoke:

You should hopefully be able to tell sex by now if ya look in the right spots. Start at the bottom of the plant and count up to the 7th node. Start looking at the 7th node...each node should have 4 areas to check. You want to be looking for the 'sex organs' right between the new growth and the 'spike'...see if ya can get some clearer pics of the 7th or higher nodes. If you see a little nub with a white hair sticking out, it's female....on a male it tends to look kinda like a claw and there will be NO white hair.

here's I'll edit one of yer pics to show what I mean..(attached)

CLICK ME

Attached Files:

4. Thank you Bongsauce! You're my hero. I'll post new pics again when the lights are on tomorrow!