What new phone should I get?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by smoke em out, Dec 16, 2011.

1. I just cracked my HTC Inspire's screen:(. I got this smartphone because, everybdoy was getting the iPhone and I didn't want to be like everyone else but, now I am wondering are they really worth it? The OS on my HTC has slowed down so badly that sometimes it freezes and I have to pull the battery out. Really a pain. Does this happen with all droids, for any of you other droid owners ? Most people say a pro to a droid is more chances to umm, mod? I guess. That's what my friends tell me but, I don't do any of that stuff. So, basically what i'm asking is will the iPhone suit me?

2. You can do plenty with an iPhone (modwise) I can't vouch for androids but based on your concern on speed, the iPod will be your best friend. It has a very fast OS, and the new 5.0 software is insane.

Or, you can wait for the newest android phone to be released, because I heard they are beefing up the power of the phone to like 2gb of Ram or so.

3. Go with the Galaxy Nexus. I know your on AT&T, so you will have to buy online. Unless you switch to verizon.

4. I have a LG Thrill and it's crazy fast. 4G, also has 3D capabilities and the screen is super crisp. Though, even though i got it less than a week ago, i cracked the screen too lol. It sucks man, no warranty either. Anyone know anywhere i could fix the cracked screen?

5. I would say go with a Motorola brand android like the Atrix 2. I have a Motorola Bravo and have dropped that thing so many times on to hard ground without a case and have never cracked my screen. It seems like screens on most other phones crack the first time they get dropped. Motorola phones also have great speakers.

6. I think you should get an iPhone 4s. Wait for the jailbreak, once I find a stable source, I'll release it here with all .IPW fully functional and what not.

7. Go with any device that has OLED and gorilla glass. Gorilla glass is not only strong but with OLED you cut the phone's weight by up to 50%, meaning less energy imparted to the device on impact.