What mp3 player should I purchase used?

Discussion in 'General' started by bahookahjoe18, Jul 1, 2012.

1. My Zune had a really good, long life, and remorsefully passed away last week.

I need another mp3 player badly. Should I get an iPod? A zune? Something else?

Can you recommend me your favorite device? I want at least 40 gigs.

2. It is 2012. Doesn't every phone come with an mp3 player nowadays? Get an iPod or iTouch. If it is too expensive new, look on Craigslist.

3. I have a tracfone or something similar.

Can you be more specific? I'm looking at iPods on Amazon, and there are so many different kinds. Which one is best?

Anyone have a Zune HD?

4. What's your price range?

5. Doesn't matter. I want quality.

6. if you want quality and space, any 64 gig ipod touch will do you well and have some room for other goodies, if its a little too much, im sure the 32 gig will do you good as well
    or, if you just want space for music, the ipod classic will also be great, i loved mine until it got stolen, but 40,000 songs is almost over kill

7. Then Zune HD or Ipod lol

Zune is cool cause if you pay like $15 a month you can download unlimited amounts of songs

8. ipod duhh

9. Get an expensive one. I'm sure that the more you pay the more gigs you"ll get

10. I Would personally recommend an ipod touch, they r sooo handy. I use mine for everything. When i didnt have a phone i was using my ipod. Its an avi-use device.

11. I have a Zune HD and sound-quality wise, it shits allllllllll over the iPod and iPhone.

They can be found for rather cheap nowadays, and I've had mine since launch day. Never had a single problem with it, and I listen to it 8 hours a day. Charge it once a week. Definitely my favorite electronic device ever

12. I was looking at those. What else can an ipod touch do besides play music?

If pirating wasn't being cracked down on (please don't talk about it in this thread) this post wouldn't have swayed me in either direction, but $15 a month sounds awesome now that I'm making money.

I think you sold me. I gotta look at prices now.

13. [quote name='"bahookahjoe18"']

I was looking at those. What else can an ipod touch do besides play music?
    [/quote]

You can use apps, view your email, use it like a phone, and take pictures but you need wifi... Soo a starbucks or some mc donalds youll be able to get online.

14. Honestly I'm not too happy with my ipod, I got the ipod video when they first came out a while ago, it still works which is surprising, and I give it credit for that. But the battery life is horrible, It lasts like about 4-6 hours of audio, like 1-2 hours of video on a full charge now.

It used to have a good battery life, but over time it drastically got worse and worse. And the worst of it all I'm not happy with having to use itunes to update/add songs remove songs, and the few file types it reads and it isnt very customizable. Also its hard to get songs off the ipod, they are encoded weird so you cant take songs from ipod and move to your computer, U can with programs that you have to buy, and you also can for free but they all have weird names and all your songs are in weird folders.

Just my .02 sorry its a bit long lol, I have never owned a different mp3 player so cant give advice on that.

15. If you're into apps and all that OP, the Zune HD will be found to be severely lacking. There aren't many apps. I don't even have any apps loaded onto my device because I use it strictly for music and podcasts, and the occasional video.

The nice thing about the iPod Touch is that it has access to all of the Apple App Store apps. Basically a phoneless iPhone in your pocket. Unfortunately, the sound quality of Apple products has always been somewhat of a joke in the tech world, and they were caught red handed a couple of years ago using batteries in their devices that would purposely shit out once the warranty period was passed.

So, depending on what you need your MP3 player to do, those are the top contenders in my eyes. If you want an all in one device, but don't really care about audio quality, go Apple. If you want a device that executes everything it does rather flawlessly, yet doesn't have a huge app catalog but sounds great, go Microsoft.

Oh, and the Zune desktop software is a breeze to use, and so much prettier and more functional that shitty, bloat filled iTunes.

16. The software was one of the things that made me love Zune so much.

Is there a GPS app for zune?

17. Ah right, you had an original Zune. Same software setup with the HD.

And no, there's no GPS app unfortunately. It's a wifi only device.