What movie scarred you as a kid?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by cheeto_soda, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Leprechaun 1993

2. The halloween movies were pretty scary when i was younger but I thought the zombie versions were a lot creepier than the originals though and can't really remember many others atm :unsure:

3. I remember being absolutly terrified by some scene in something wicked this was comes, no idea what the movie is about or what I was so scared of though.

Just remember walking in on my family watching it, saw a minute or two and I was out.

4. I watched The Exorcist when I was 11 and it devastated me I slept with the light on for months. I watched the silence of the lambs when I was even younger and that fucked me up too, I got super depressed for a couple weeks. I cant remember which michael myers film it was but I walked around the house with a hammer for a while after I watched it.

5. Hahahahaha last one tore me up haha

6. #106 Leonard_Washington, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
    I saw psycho when I was five. My dad told me to close my eyes during the shower scene. I didn't. I Always lock the bathroom door when I take a shower now. And if I'm going to use the toilet and the shower curtain is closed, I check behind it first

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fear and loathing. When I was in like first grade I walked in on the part where everyone's lizards and my dad told me to go so I thought adults were really lizards in disguise for a while haha

And Four Rooms by Quentin tarantino when the dead whores under the mattress. That was around the same age so needless to say it stuck with me haha

8. And The Exorcist directors cut and Stephen King's It but I think those go without saying

9. The Tommyknockers.

There was also a pretty far out disney sci-fi movie that scared the crap out of me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. There was this janky B-flick back in the 70s that mom and dad went to at the Starlite drive-in theater in our 57 Rambler wagon. They couldn't find a baby sitter so they put me and my sister in blankets in the back of the wagon where we slept while they watched. I remember waking up and peering over the seats to watch. It was some creepy horror story about two guys who dug up freshly buried bodies and ground them up to make cat food. No kidding. In a fight at the end, one of those guys falls into the grinding machine feet first. This was an R film back then. Don't know the name of the film but I definitely remember those scenes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I remember watching this over at my cousins place when I was 4-6 and this movie wigged me out way bad for a couple months

12. the vampire from sales lot by Steven King. The original from back in 79. I was 8 and it scared the fuck out of me. I had nightmares for months because of it. It was a miniseries but it was still scary as a mother fucker. Actually night terror is more like it. That fucking vampire, and the kids friend trying to get him to open the window,......no fuckin way!

• Like Like x 2
  13. The Ring was the first movie to actually give me nightmares, was around 12 at the time. And the remake of Texas Chainsaw massacre in the beginning when the chick in the van pulls a gun out of her pussy? And then proceeds to blow her brains everywhere. Crazy shit when you are young

• Like Like x 2
  14. Poltergeist. We had two antique, haunted clown dolls which would move of their own accord at the time. It was more than enough to deal with that while trying to sleep at night. Seeing something like so similar on TV really just took the terror to the next level.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 1
  15. There's a pretty old one (late 60s-early 70s) called Watcher in the Woods. Now that I'm an adult it isn't bad, but as a child it was basically pure terror. I wonder if that's the one you're speaking of.
    Modern Disney doesn't much celebrate the sadistic 60s/70s where they basically asked the question, "If we can bring children UP with princesses, mickey, pluto, anthropomorphic chipmunks, mice, etc... what happens if we give them witches, telekinesis, mind control, black holes, evil robots, and other dimensions!" The Black Hole could also be the one you mean. It was really technologically amazing for its time.

Ahh...those were the days.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

16. The exorcist and nightmare on elm street. Oooohh.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I loved horror when I was a kid idk why but it never scared me. One of my friends watched a movie with me when I was real young and ended up in counselling hahahah I wasn't aloud to see him after that (his parents were highly religious) I just don't understand how a movie could scare you that much, I understand frights but needing counselling is a bit much

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scared or Scarred? If scarred it would be Wolf Creek.

Holy shit, that was intensley horrific.