what month will plant start to flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by crippledkiller, Jun 6, 2012.

1. What month will my plants start to flower

2. That depends on where you live. Most likely in August. I think some growers in southern climates start flowering as early as July for some strains. In my area budding starts mid August and most strains finish before Halloween.

3. I'm in northern cali an hour east from san Francisco and about an hour south of Sacramento

4. It depends on the strain and your individual grow area. Last year my sour grapes started flower in July and was done in September. But my bubba kush didn't finish until the beginning of November after starting in August.

5. Yep. what steelsmoking said.

Generally, the plants will start flowering when daylength falls to 14.25 hrs of light. Here at 38n, thats mid july but i dont see actual hairs/flower pairs until 2 weeks later on Aug 1. It takes about 2 weeks for flowers to appear once light levels trigger flower set.

Use this tool to find out when those daylight hrs are reached at your lattitude.. Then add 2 weeks plus the flowering time of your strain. For ex: if light levels trigger on July 15, add 2 weeks for flowers to appear, (aug 1) then add flowering time, 60 days, = Oct 1.

http://astro.unl.edu/classaction/animations/coordsmotion/daylighthoursexplorer.html

6. [quote name='"crippledkiller"']I'm in northern cali an hour east from san Francisco and about an hour south of Sacramento[/quote]

Sounds like you are right around the corner from me. I'm in VV. last year it was Aug when my girls started to flower. If the plant are in the shade alot they may start a bit earlier. What strains are you growing? I'm always down to exchange clones to fellow GCers.

7. I had 18 kandy kush but 5 died 2 nice blue wreck and 1 purple gas but I don't no how good the kandy will do when they where in the clone room the light went off for 2 days and they started to flower I got them back but now they are growing slow .....I'm always looking for good clones I will give donations

8. [quote name='"crippledkiller"']I'm in northern cali an hour east from san Francisco and about an hour south of Sacramento[/quote]

Ahh, not that far from me at all. I'm about an hour North of Sactown. You should start flowering in August for most strains.

9. Do you have any clones to help out I'm card holder

10. I have some strains that start late july. Normally around aug depending.

11. O need clones cheap anyone no where I can get some I need 10 I have 65 or 70 for donations

12. I just took some last night from the moms, won't be ready for at least a week.

13. Mine usually start about late June to mid July...

14. where you live? or do you set out at solstice from 24 /7 ?

plant starting bud on longest day of year, not probable IME. not saying it's not happening, just saying it is very very weird.:confused:

15. #15 mattmc804, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
    I started mine on march 20 inside until 420 and I have two females showing

16. ^^lols^^
    not sure setting out early counts. but it is possible

17. [quote name='"Wharfrat74"']^^lols^^
    not sure setting out early counts. but it is possible[/quote]

They werent put out till 4/20

18. ohh my bad, I thought you were saying they were in flower.

19. I have 15 clones that started to flower because the light shut off for two days in the clone room ....so I took them out side to harden ther doing good but growing so slow and they still have white hairs .... can anyone help our should I get new clones

20. Plants will start there transformation to flower around 14 hr mark of sunlight here is a link just find your lat write it in and look it can almost pinpoint the start of flower

cheers

Daylight Hours Explorer